Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: mounting tires  (Read 4097 times)

Offline Aspirated

• Budget Lift
Re: mounting tires
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 12:45:29 PM »
Don't forget Costco also includes free rotation, flat repairs and tire balancing for the life of the tires. The balancing really adds up at about $15.00 each.
When I bought my tires there (BFG 275/55R20) they were significantly less expensive than other tire stores.

Oh yeah, I second Country Tire. I've been there a few times with the Jeeps and always got great service with low prices.

Vince

Dont forget you cant get MT tires and the fact that if you want any other Load index rating, speed rating or size they will not install your tires. perfect for the family van, maybe not the jeep.   :P
What would i spend my money on if it wern't for JEEP's
1998 XJ
2008 KK

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 01:34:11 PM »
things have changed my friend,
especially for smaller suv's and trucks that do not require LR E tires.
and you can get mud terrains, higher load indexes are ok, speed ratings on the big wheeling jeep are not usually a problem(unless you started with the srt8 maybe), and we can go to bigger sizes.

Costco has had some policy changes that make buying bigger tires for jeeps much easier.

their are some restrictions
1. they can't rub(at least while on flat ground, hard lock to hard lock, or be very very close to rubbing)
if they do rub with articulation, the tires are yours anyway, which most people are good with, and will mod the jeep to get them not to.
2. we have to be able to inflate to the placecard air pressure(even if you would actually run a little higher or lower)
3. the tires have to be able to hold the same if not more weight than the stock tires.
4.they can not be too wide or narrow for the rim.

might be one more, but I didn't get any sleep last night, so I can't think of it now.

97 Red XJ, 4.5", 31" mud's, ARB front, 9500lb winch, bushwhacker's, warn sliders, HnT SYE and CV drive shaft - written off and sold for parts :(

Offline Aspirated

• Budget Lift
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 03:01:28 PM »
Well thats good to hear, i just remember them being real sticklers on that stuff.

I have access to a tire machine and balancer on  weekends. I work in a import dealership so we're not ideally set up for anything over a 32 (i know i installed my 35's). if you need tires installed/balanced send me a pm we can work something out.
What would i spend my money on if it wern't for JEEP's
1998 XJ
2008 KK

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 03:17:21 PM »
I would have to check the machines, I know we can do up to 30 inch rims on the mounters, with I want to say 40 or 44 inch tires
I don't think we would be able to actually put them on anything, but ya never know.
97 Red XJ, 4.5", 31" mud's, ARB front, 9500lb winch, bushwhacker's, warn sliders, HnT SYE and CV drive shaft - written off and sold for parts :(

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 07:10:03 PM »
I've got tire equipment. (snap on)mounts up to 20" rims and 37" tires. Or tire irons to mount big stuff on big rims.
Out in strathmore though.
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 12:21:00 AM »
the machines we  have are the coats APX90E mounters (slow, but can do 44 inch tires, 30 inch diameter wheels and 16 inch wide wheels)
and the coats XR1800 balancers( has some nice tricks, they can take a little while, but work ok)