Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Control Arms  (Read 1120 times)

HeadHunter

Control Arms
« on: April 30, 2008, 10:19:16 PM »
I am looking for control arms for my TJ. My lift kit did not come equipped with them. I have found a few different brands, Daystar (never heard of before), Skyjacker & Rubi Express.

I read a couple reviews, and the Rubi Express seemed to be the favorite. Although the "double flex" series from Skyjacker looked like they would offer, well, twice the flex, but some reviews claimed that after a few months the plastic bushings would wear out... I seem to remember someone in the CJA (Dom?) saying they where having issues with RE's control arms? Maybe I was mistaken.
Anyways, I am looking for some, and I would like to hear your experiences with different brands, what you like the best, and what you've had issues with; noise, poor quality, non greasible, etc.
Also I would like to be refered to distributor of the control arms, as I havnt seen many places where you can just buy the arms alone.

Also, do you need both front and rear upper and lower arms?

I have a post for some in the wanted add, but I thought I would bring the issue up here as well, mods feel free to move or delete either of the topics if you find them conflicting.

Offline Yellow RUBI

• Budget Lift
  • She Thinks My Tractions Sexy!
Re: Control Arms
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 05:11:58 AM »
Seems we're of the same mind,
I just placed an order with "www.offroadtoystore.com" for a 33 engineering bellyup
They carry RE superflex arms.
If you decide to buy from online let me know I can prob save you some bucks.
I will likely go with arms from Bnine though unless I can get used ones cheaper.
His price is better, and the quality should be as well.
Take a Compass!
Its Awkward when you have to eat your friends !

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 09:09:56 AM »
I will be selling my RE SF arms just after May Long if you're interested (as well as a RE long arm kit avail now)... all listed in for sale section.
Fug
TJ Rubicon

jrhockey03

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 02:08:07 PM »
I've got the double flex arms and they have the old rod ends in them, they are noisy. The other end has been replaced with the johnny joint. I think they have the next gen rod ends which are fully rebuildable and greasable. You could talk to Clay at Evo and get their heims to put in them. Thats what I'm going to do for the other end of my arms.

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »
Pop by the house some day if you want.

I have examples of just about all the types of control arm joints and desings that are out there.

I'd be happy to go through them with you over a coffee and show you the drawbacks and benifits to each kind.

Can also give you a quick run down on building your own arms. Its easier then most would think.

Let me know. I'll be in the grage a few nights this week.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline XJHERO

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Soberphobic
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 02:13:54 PM »
This topic is from may ;D
Bill your coffee might be cold 8)
Like ivry soap....pure as frack
DD
Get at me Wolf

HeadHunter

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 08:15:57 PM »
hmm, yea i kinda must have gotten side tracked.... I wrote this? damn.... soon to be someone elses adventure/problem!!  :P

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 12:20:34 PM »
Doh..............

It was already bumped. I didnt check the origianl date.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]