Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: new 8.8  (Read 751 times)

HeadHunter

new 8.8
« on: November 15, 2008, 05:26:37 PM »
hey. I just pic n' pulled me self an 8.8 disc brake diff from a 98 exploder. Need some help finding some parts and what not for it.

Need a good place for accessories; arb cover, a locker, R&P gears, and most important I need the suspension bracketry for the conversion for my TJ.

I know some of you are running these outback and maybe you can give me some info or point me in the direction of where to find info and the swap install. Thanks.

Offline cuzican

• That CB Yapper
Re: new 8.8
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 06:29:07 PM »
Southern Alberta Coulee Kruzer (new name same great wheelers)
97 TJ with improvements,  05 TJ Unlimited, 06 TJ Rubicon

HeadHunter

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 11:19:15 PM »
wondering if maybe I could just carefully remove my old brackets and use them instead of paying another $400-500 for new ones...

anyone know a good place to shop for a locker, gears and armor for this thing? All my spots are kinda jeep purist, so the 8.8 stuff is spread out, which makes for more bills.

Offline RckyMtnTJ

• UberWheeler
    • http://www3.telus.net/lck
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 12:22:56 AM »
The stock brackets are weak in a stock application.  You definitely don't want to reuse them.  Carolina Rock Shop had some of the best brackets out there and used to be found for $199US.  I have heard he is no longer in business, but still does the brackets on the side.  Supposedly one of the best fitting bracket kits with no grinding required, and a better setup when it comes to the rear swaybar.  Definitely something to look into.  Also your stock axle might be worth something with the stock brackets still attached.  Pretty much worthless without the brackets.
98 TJ 4" lift + goodies