Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Lifts  (Read 783 times)

Offline giorno71

• Baby Wheeler
Lifts
« on: December 25, 2008, 12:15:02 PM »
Any one heard about Alberta banning lift in any vehical? i'v had a couple people tell me that it's in the works right now.

P-Dubb

Re: Lifts
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 03:03:25 PM »
ive never heard.. but that wouldn't go over well at all.. look at how many lifted vehicles there are on the roads in this Provence.. what would we do.. take them out.. no way! haha

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 10:09:57 PM »
I head about this some time ago. What happened was there was a rash of bad vehicle accidents and the conclusions of the investigation was that the trucks where lifted to high and where unstable. The suggestion was a law limiting the height. Other provinces and some states have done this. I know in Ontario and New Brunswick, you are not legally allowed to lift or lower a vehicle no more then 3 inch beyond what the manufacture of that modal has already done. Example is; a Ford F-150 XL 4x4 sits lower then a F-150 with the off road option, so if you have a XL you are allowed to lift 3 inc higher then the off road option because they are the same model.
I don’t know exactly what the Alberta government is planning
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

P-Dubb

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 10:48:02 PM »
dont be less then 5''.. thats what i got  :-\.. or just exclude jeeps from the list  ;D

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »
i know Quebec doesnt alow any lifts / drops ... any mods that are made that changes height weigth width are not alowed

you are not even alowed to change rim size because if you go from a 15" to a 20" the amount of weight you are rotating is greater then what the stock breaks were designed for

but that doesnt mean people still dont mod there cars/ trucks.

as for all the accidents and trucks with lifts well they should investigate the number of rig pigs running therre F350's down the highway at 180 km .. those trucks dont handle for (poo) in stock form so add on 8 inchs of lift and bigger tires and rims its just going to happen

i know i have a heavy foot . but driving my jeep my speedo never sees over 110km
there not ment for that and thats what alot of people need to understand
is trucks are not made for speed
so even if your truck is able to do 180km a hour you shouldnt try it

this would solve the high accident numbers

to make it easyier to understand its like owning a Farrari and doing FIsher east with it

04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer