Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Buying a jeep  (Read 13386 times)

Offline barmanjay

• That CB Yapper
  • Wanna buy a trail? or Garage w/attached house?
Re: Buying a jeep
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2009, 10:28:50 PM »
nice rig!!!

do my eye deceive? did I see a coil conversion on that rig?
The realtor that gets dirty
Dirty Old YJ , 4" spring lift and 33's  - Sold - *snif*
300C SRT8 - Workmobile

Jason Kim
Realtor
Maxwell City Central
889-4747

www.jaykim.ca

Offline Sprockett

• Budget Lift
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2009, 11:20:11 PM »
You are correct Jay. It's a procomp kit however which I haven't read great things about...I mean, magazines say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread but user aren't as enthusiastic.
My greatest fear is that when I die, my wife sell all my stuff for what I said I paid for it.

Offline barmanjay

• That CB Yapper
  • Wanna buy a trail? or Garage w/attached house?
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2009, 12:26:23 AM »
You are correct Jay. It's a procomp kit however which I haven't read great things about...I mean, magazines say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread but user aren't as enthusiastic.

I'll tell you one thing tho,.. it's better than a leaf spring lift!
The realtor that gets dirty
Dirty Old YJ , 4" spring lift and 33's  - Sold - *snif*
300C SRT8 - Workmobile

Jason Kim
Realtor
Maxwell City Central
889-4747

www.jaykim.ca

Offline Sprockett

• Budget Lift
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2009, 06:44:43 PM »
So, as suggested, I brought the jeep today to Jay and Chanda. Great guy to deal with btw. There is definitely a laundry list relatively small of things he found. The price he gave me for fixing it all was so great it's all getting done right...right down to new wiper blades  :o

Some U-Joints needed replacing and persuant to this thread: http://forum.calgaryjeep.com/index.php?topic=11262.0 I'm getting them replaced with more heavy buty, greasable replacements. The most perhaps disturbing issues were two missing body bolts (http://forum.calgaryjeep.com/index.php?topic=11296.0) and some water/contanimants in the rear diff. Given the great price for service, I'm still quite happy with the purchase and it should be tip top in a couple days. My current plan is to be out this weekend on the Stocker run.

Thanks,
Ryan
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 03:38:27 PM by Sprockett »
My greatest fear is that when I die, my wife sell all my stuff for what I said I paid for it.