Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Urgent 4x4 Meeting  (Read 5319 times)

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
Urgent 4x4 Meeting
« on: October 29, 2005, 10:08:16 PM »
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:32:02 PM by Hi Lo Silver »

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
Urgent 4x4 Meeting
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 11:10:51 PM »
Thanks Gun :!:  :!:   I'll be doing what I can to attend :wink:.   Looking forward to info about date, time & location 8) .

BUMP :!:  :!:

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
Urgent 4x4 Meeting
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 09:56:09 PM »
Considering that all the projects at the Waiparous V-days were done on the trails that were offered in the initial GAMP proposal (correct me if I'm wrong), I suspect that ASRD knew we wouldn't get any more trails than the initial proposal.  So they had us work on the trails we would be using.  This is like asking the condemned to build the gallows that they will swing from  :shock: .  I hope I'm wrong and jumped to a premature/wrong conclusion, but if I'm right, WE'VE BEEN HAD  :!:
near stock advocate

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
Urgent 4x4 Meeting
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 07:01:58 PM »
Tom, my understanding is the AURS chose the trail projects to work on at V-days and they made those decisions based on the trails that SRD had outlined in the GAMP outline.
ASRD did not suggest which trails we should work on.

Maybe somebody from the AURS could speak up and confirm my beliefs on this.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline SOMETHING WICKED

• Budget Lift
Urgent 4x4 Meeting
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 10:21:37 PM »
The AURS made it CLEAR to ASRD, that we(the members) were not prepared to work on any trails other than the ones we knew we would not be loosing.

FeatherFoot

Urgent 4x4 Meeting
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 09:49:19 AM »
Regardless of where the bridges were built, they are tanageble evidence that the organized user groups are prepared to do more than talk responsibility.  We are willing to take ownership of the efforts necessary to retain our trail systems.  These are significant visual references that we can promote to any interest groups who are unaware of the responsible component of the off-road community.

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
Urgent 4x4 Meeting
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 07:35:38 PM »
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:25:33 PM by Hi Lo Silver »

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
Urgent 4x4 Meeting
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 03:46:12 PM »
Quote from: "yellar bellied"
The hall is booked and the meeting will be at
South Calgary Community
3130-16th Street S.W.
Saturday Nov. 5th THAT'S THIS SATURDAY
10:00 A.M. Please bring your own coffee and donuts.
A donation bucket will once again be at the door to cover hall costs.

The second half of the meeting will be run by Tim Dazman our 4x4 representative on the GAMP issues and proceedings.

See everyone there.

Gunther

Just tried getting out of working Saturday but did'nt fly :evil:   Will someone please inform those of us that will not be able to attend about what the duece is going on :?:

Much thanks in advance :D

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
Urgent 4x4 Meeting
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2005, 07:53:01 PM »
For those who couldn't make the meeting.

Gunther started the meeting, He talked about the 4x4 er's having a provincial voice, everyone seemed to be in agreement that a 4x4 group could not be formed quick enough to have any effect on GAMP. But in order to save trails in the rest of the province this would be neccasary. The atv'ers have a voice, the two wheelers have a voice, the snowmobilers have a voice. The only official voice for 4x4 er's is the AURS and they, in theory, represent all recreational users, motorized and non-motorized, in Alberta. Not just the area's around Calgary.

Tim Dzaman talked to us about GAMP. and his recent meetings with various government people. We have 5 days left to get letters off to the gov't. Then the gov't is starting the final process of deciding what is going to happen in ghost country. He told of how frustrating in can be dealing with them and how of you can not really get a firm answear or commitment from a government official (no surprise there) But there was positive aspects in this meeting, and Tim left his meeting with Rick Blackwood with a little optimism.  there is hope of the trail system in waiparous not getting closed to 4x4's.There are still 5 days left to get your letters,emails, phone calls etc. made.
There were other speakers, who had some very interesting and valid points. But I'm not going to write a novel here.

The big question we are all asking, What will happen in waiparous? Will we lose all but 10 km's of trail?. Just simply can not be answeared yet. We will have to wait and see.

5 days. Nov 10.

edit: already got a PM about this. To clarify, SRD starts the final process rolling Nov 10. Knowing how the gov't works it could be months before we know anything. I am not involved in any of this I was at the meeting and am just a messenger.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
Urgent 4x4 Meeting
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 07:48:17 AM »
 :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:18:55 PM by Hi Lo Silver »