Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: New local mini-monster truck  (Read 4681 times)

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
New local mini-monster truck
« on: March 13, 2009, 09:51:47 AM »
http://www.evolutionmachine.com/index.php?showtopic=4239

The rig I've spent a year working on, not mine of course. And some pretty funny comments/bashing/flaming.

VA6CPL
Jeepless....

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: New local mini-monster truck
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 10:46:06 AM »
How tall is it?
Jeep
With stuff

Offline newfie

• Budget Lift
  • newbie and loven it
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 11:12:40 AM »
dont like it at all

i got a feeling this is one of those kids that go out on the long weekends and tear the living poo out of the trails and then the rest of us get blamed for tearing the place apart and they just end up closing the  area down ( ie indian graves)

just my 2 cents cause we all have seen  them out there on the long weekends diggen ruts 4 feet deep then having to get pulled out anyway
newfies are everywhere

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 12:45:16 PM »
dont like it at all

i got a feeling this is one of those kids that go out on the long weekends and tear the living poo out of the trails and then the rest of us get blamed for tearing the place apart and they just end up closing the  area down ( ie indian graves)

just my 2 cents cause we all have seen  them out there on the long weekends diggen ruts 4 feet deep then having to get pulled out anyway

As opposed to small 33 and under rigs spinning tires all the times in every area because they are open diffed and love the skinny pedal???

This should not be a big vs small debate because the smallest (quads) are the worst destroyers of our wilderness!

But,  the fact is that Alberta maybe had 25 trucks on 44+ tires in ALL of Alberta during the closures and somehow you feel these 25 trucks are responsible for the MYTHICAL mess created? (Roll Eyes).

How about we continue to direct our MISINFORMATION at the BIG TRUCK?

sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 12:54:40 PM »
Oh and one more thing.
Why we lose areas for TRUCKS is because most Long Weekend campers move 100 feet from their site to play in crap. They happen to do it in very visible and CAR accessible spots.
Fish East is not a problem because it is well out of media scrutiny.

So, maybe if you were more aware of the reality of closures and NOT the media switch and bait tactics, than you would begin to understand that now is not the time to discriminate against a bigger truck. If the guy is responsible, he will do LESS mythical damage than you will on the same trail.
Maybe we should ban RED trucks because we all know red things go faster.

Maybe we should ban Chevys because we all know that most BIG trucks run Chevy powerplants...

Offline newfie

• Budget Lift
  • newbie and loven it
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 01:01:37 PM »
ok if you want to turn this into a debate please pm me and keep an open argument out of the thread

i know the facts and i have seen the damage done by the  small guys way more thatn the big boys true.
but my point is that i have seen the REALLY big boys dig through areas that i have been able to drive through before hand , and after they are done i cna't go next to it

but like i said if u wanna continue this pm me and keep the thread clear
newfies are everywhere

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 01:10:56 PM »
or start a different thread. or even find a forum that is all about "blame the other guy for getting areas closed down".
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 01:18:37 PM »
I understand both sides here.

Its true, the owners of huge rigs do have the power at their finger tips to cause more destruction then the next guy.

Of course, they also have the ability to leave less of an impact then the next guy.

In the end, it comes down the owner, and what they do with it.

We have all seen the retards at work with 44" tires. A lot of us have also met a lot of responsible big tire users.

This arguement can never be won. You are both right.

Specially the point about the smallest users. They certainly do tear things up. Between the lack of education with those users, and the sheer volume of traffic from them, the destructive potential in back country is enormous.

This truck is certainly not in the realm of what I would do. Far to purpose built for me, but to each their own.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 01:19:50 PM »
or start a different thread. or even find a forum that is all about "blame the other guy for getting areas closed down".

Quiet down quad lover :):)
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 01:25:02 PM »
ouch. I go out quadding 1 time in 20 years... see some of the CJA boys, and it keeps getting brought up. so that is how it is gonna be, eh?
but you forget Billy, I own ZERO quads, and 4 Jeeps. I know where my loyalties lie.  ;D :P
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 02:11:19 PM »
umm
ok if you want to turn this into a debate please pm me and keep an open argument out of the thread

i know the facts and i have seen the damage done by the  small guys way more thatn the big boys true.
but my point is that i have seen the REALLY big boys dig through areas that i have been able to drive through before hand , and after they are done i cna't go next to it

but like i said if u wanna continue this pm me and keep the thread clear

ummm...you started it.

Anyhoo,
i do not care for the truck either. Too big. When i see what buggies can do in King of the Hammers with many elements of wheeling as part of the competition than i am for low cog rigs whether truck, jeep or buggy.

This one looks well built and probably will do well in some comps but to each their own.

Nice work btw Elsifer. It is a nice truck but not for my taste. Although if he entered TTC 2010, i would vote for him!

Offline XJHERO

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Soberphobic
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 02:21:20 PM »
is this the same dude that i saw in wiapours on may long a few years ago with a BIG blue suburban. that was quite a ..thing. idont think it did very good wheelin, but it looked cool ;D
Like ivry soap....pure as frack
DD
Get at me Wolf

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 03:19:29 PM »
That rig will look GREAT parked beside the world's most expensive $5,000.00 TJ.
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

HappyTheJeepMan

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 03:28:40 PM »
That rig will look GREAT parked beside the world's most expensive $5,000.00 TJ.

Lets not turn this into a Jeep God bashing thread...

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 04:32:50 PM »
She sits a "little" tall right now due to the wrong springs in the CO's. But she will be a force to reckon with.

I'm not getting into the "size" argument. Regardless of tire size, I believe that irresponsible wheelers are certainly to blame. Responsible wheeling comes in all shapes and sizes. It just so happens that a 49" Irok makes difficult obstacles and deep mud holes easier.

Besides, this be rev 1.2. This winter we switched to rear-engine, with the 19" drop Monster Truck t-case.
We still have some mechanicals to sort out, and our springs and valve issues with the shocks. Once everything is sorted, tear down, blast and paint, then reassembly. She'll be in HRC and ASC this year. So you'll see me out there as the co-driver.

As for trail use, do you *ever* see Clay out there with the Warthog? Well, then that's about as often as you'll see this "on the trail".
So keep your size complaints to yourselves. It's a purpose built rig, it's not street legal, so your Honda is safe. Will it see public OHV trails? I dunno, I'm not the owner. I'm the co-builder.

Before you go slamming someone's blood, sweat, tears, and money; get all the info first. There was (and is) an extreme amount of time, energy, effort, and funding into a project like this. Is it yours? NO. So do you dictate what purpose it will be used for? NO.

If you don't like it, that's fine. I'm not out to please you. I'm out to build one bad-mammer-jammer of a competition rig. Take it, or leave it.

VA6CPL
Jeepless....