Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Maclean?  (Read 5991 times)

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
Maclean?
« on: April 18, 2009, 12:41:21 AM »
heard from a couple people that the news was saying theres going to be no random camping,no liquor and some other stuff at maclean this maylong anyone heard anything?
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline calltrex

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Maclean?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 12:52:33 AM »
good
........___________
.......//.......""""......\\
....=//___________\\=
.....(@)___JEEP_(__@)
......\____I===I____/
.../""""/........J
../""""/=(=)___....../""""/
./___/............==/""""/
....................../___

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 03:05:00 AM »
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline RedDog

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 05:18:23 AM »
Excellent! The riff-raff can toss beer cans around their own yards.

Such drinking bans are now commonplace at the provincial parks and campgrounds around Sylvan Lake most of the long weekends.
I'd rather be dragging a club than clubbing in drag
05 TJ mildly enhanced • 08 Buell XB12XT • 08 Santa Cruz Superlight

twlshadow

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 08:27:28 AM »
 :'(  no random camping?  Overpopulation sucks, and so do all the people who made this have to happen.  I'd rather see stiffer enforcement and actual jail time for park abusers then complete bans on drinking and camping.  Give these ignorant individuals criminal records and quit punishing all the responsible people who can drink without being asses

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 08:28:46 AM »
its about time ,.. means i might actually go out wheeling this may long instead of staying home away from all the drunk
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline LifesGrand

• UberWheeler
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 08:48:24 AM »
The only thing I have heard about Mclean is a $10 camping fee & having to book sites via the interent...
I don't believe this has anything to do with the free camping areas? I wish they would just shut er down, but there is no mention of this???

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/columnists/michael_platt/2009/04/16/9130126-sun.html
95 ZJ v8 Ltd.

I called the number on the T.V. set & turned my gold in for cash....

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 07:25:46 PM »
its about time ,.. means i might actually go out wheeling this may long instead of staying home away from all the drunk
Every time i have wheeled during May Long, i never run into ANYONE on actual trails.
No one wheels that camps, they play close to campsites, so it is very quiet on the trails
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 08:20:14 PM »
x2

x3

Ban it, ticket it, and lock the gates.  i'm sick of people who 'build their trucks' for a year just to flog it at 1230 at night on the long weekend, break it and let it sit for another 11 months...........
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 08:20:55 PM »
Every time i have wheeled during May Long, i never run into ANYONE on actual trails.
No one wheels that camps, they play close to campsites, so it is very quiet on the trails

well then ill consider going out    but we'l see
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 10:36:16 PM »
No alcohol, no random camping on May Long @ McLean?  This would be bad news for the majority of the off road community.  Most of us enjoy the freedom of random camping and enjoy alcohol around the campsite - it's part of who we are and what we have done for decades and our parents did the same before us.  We did it responsibly and we had a good time.  Think of all the good times we've had camping and alcohol was always a part of that.  I certainly don't want to change that and I know that most of you don't either.  Should we all have to be punished because of some idiots?  Are we not innocent until proven guilty?  Let's not start bad rumours, I haven't heard anything in this regard.  The $10 fee and campsite booking refers to on-line pre-booking of popular provincial campsites - not random camping.
near stock advocate

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 06:51:17 AM »
No alcohol, no random camping on May Long @ McLean?  This would be bad news for the majority of the off road community.  Most of us enjoy the freedom of random camping and enjoy alcohol around the campsite - it's part of who we are and what we have done for decades and our parents did the same before us.  We did it responsibly and we had a good time.  Think of all the good times we've had camping and alcohol was always a part of that.  I certainly don't want to change that and I know that most of you don't either.  Should we all have to be punished because of some idiots?  Are we not innocent until proven guilty?  Let's not start bad rumours, I haven't heard anything in this regard.  The $10 fee and campsite booking refers to on-line pre-booking of popular provincial campsites - not random camping.

I take your point, and emotionally, I agree with you. The problem is that unless steps are taken in th short term to deal with the problem of irresponsible drunks, areas wll simply be closed. I'd rather have my use limited than not have any access at all.

The rules that work well for large tracts of crown land that see little use tend to fail when they get applied to areas that are very easy to access from densely populated urban centers.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 04:30:28 PM »

unfortunately, there are no tribunals or law enforcement officials to plead our case of innocence; the blunt truth is the majority of may long users are destructive, loud, and anarchical.  as i've seen it quoted on teh news.  'there are no laws'; and thats right right; hence we are being punished for their actions. Waiprous, Indian Graves  are closed.  thats not debatable.

personally i think banning booze and camping over may long in mclean is the best thing for the 4 wheeling community.   keep alcohol and camping out, only allowing day time use would be a great way to PROOVE random camping from city folk (and highschool kids) is the main issue, not OHV users who respect proper trail etiquette.  Furthermore, if you were to pay attention, you could also find the next 'trouble' spots as the 'hoards' will find other places to party; i just hope one day its in a place that has police enforcement.

I will in a heart beat give up May Long camping if it even helps a little bit to keep my areas open for the rest of the summer/year.   Personally i could care less about your past and your 'great' memories of trailriding/camping stories.  I think i care more future stories and ensuring responsible users like you/us can continue to enjoy such experiences

~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 04:35:59 PM »
unfortunately, there are no tribunals or law enforcement officials to plead our case of innocence; the blunt truth is the majority of may long users are destructive, loud, and anarchical.  as i've seen it quoted on teh news.  'there are no laws'; and thats right right; hence we are being punished for their actions. Waiprous, Indian Graves  are closed.  thats not debatable.

personally i think banning booze and camping over may long in mclean is the best thing for the 4 wheeling community.   keep alcohol and camping out, only allowing day time use would be a great way to PROOVE random camping from city folk (and highschool kids) is the main issue, not OHV users who respect proper trail etiquette.  Furthermore, if you were to pay attention, you could also find the next 'trouble' spots as the 'hoards' will find other places to party; i just hope one day its in a place that has police enforcement.

I will in a heart beat give up May Long camping if it even helps a little bit to keep my areas open for the rest of the summer/year.   Personally i could care less about your past and your 'great' memories of trailriding/camping stories.  I think i care more future stories and ensuring responsible users like you/us can continue to enjoy such experiences

x a million!!!!!
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 07:21:01 PM »

personally i think banning booze and camping over may long in mclean is the best thing for the 4 wheeling community.   keep alcohol and camping out, only allowing day time use would be a great way to PROOVE random camping from city folk (and highschool kids) is the main issue, not OHV users who respect proper trail etiquette.  Furthermore, if you were to pay attention, you could also find the next 'trouble' spots as the 'hoards' will find other places to party; i just hope one day its in a place that has police enforcement.

I will in a heart beat give up May Long camping if it even helps a little bit to keep my areas open for the rest of the summer/year.   Personally i could care less about your past and your 'great' memories of trailriding/camping stories.  I think i care more future stories and ensuring responsible users like you/us can continue to enjoy such experiences

Could'nt have been said any better by anyone.

My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]