Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Tread Lightly Canada  (Read 27639 times)

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: Tread Lightly Canada
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2010, 03:07:00 PM »
same here

Offline Sugarphreak

• Budget Lift
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2010, 11:06:54 PM »
Are they going to have a new website or is the Canadian version of Tread Lightly just dying out?   :o

Our club actually move ahead and joined Tread Lightly this year to help promote responsible off-roading as well, I am not that happy to see the site has expired.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:09:22 PM by Sugarphreak »
I wanted a Jeep... but the wife gave me a Hummer!

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2010, 02:11:14 AM »
You guys probably joined the US based Tread Lightly. The Canadian one dyed off because there was not enough interest in people running it and more not enough  money to get it off the ground.

They also had lots f other political issues as well as Governments not to interested in the program due to most provinces have some kind of tread lightly program. Alberta is Respect the Land and it is underfunded and is hard to get info on. It is also more set up for hikers and quaders.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline XJHERO

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Soberphobic
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2010, 09:00:19 PM »
BaZing
Like ivry soap....pure as frack
DD
Get at me Wolf

Offline Sugarphreak

• Budget Lift
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2010, 10:38:26 PM »
You guys probably joined the US based Tread Lightly. The Canadian one dyed off because there was not enough interest in people running it and more not enough  money to get it off the ground.

They also had lots f other political issues as well as Governments not to interested in the program due to most provinces have some kind of tread lightly program. Alberta is Respect the Land and it is underfunded and is hard to get info on. It is also more set up for hikers and quaders.

Actually you are right; I was looking into it a bit today and we are signed up with the American Tread Lightly. I was thinking were were signed up with the Canadian one because our club name wasn't mentioned on the US site; we got the welcome package and everything so we are inquiring into why our club isn't listed now.

That is a bit of a shame that we missed out on supporting the Canadian Tread Lightly though  :'(

I wanted a Jeep... but the wife gave me a Hummer!