Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: vandalism  (Read 9022 times)

Offline .:.Dingman.:.

• That CB Yapper
vandalism
« on: April 28, 2009, 11:43:27 AM »
/start rant/
sucks .
so far I've had:
all my summer tires for my truck slashed
truck got booted
and today i got a nice half inch scratch along the whole side of my truck.

The worst part about it is we live in a cul de sac far away from a main drag.

/end rant/

>:(

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: vandalism
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »
Where do you live man?, do you have a neighbour fumed off at you? do you park in front of his house, do you live near a Highschool or a half way house? Do you have any hate stickers on your truck... It weird that you would get sooo much vandalism on one vehicle  :-[... Maybe someone is trying to tell you something...

... may be it's time to think about moving?

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 04:39:57 PM »
I live in falconridge, there's 3 schools near by, I park around the concrete center piece, the only neighbor who could be "fumed" at me lives next door cause I caught her son (hes about 16-17) teasing my dogs and asked him not to make them mad or else they will attack him. there's no stickers on my truck nothing, I'm not moving we've lived here 30+ years and the newest people besides the one next door have lived here 5+ years and nothing has ever got vandalized.  I haven't made anybody mad and nobody from work etc knows where I live.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:45:33 PM by .:.Dingman.:. »

Offline rangerdanger

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 04:57:09 PM »
My moneys on the 16 year old next door, maybe next time let your dogs out when he teases them.
Lethbridge Coulee Kruzer

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 05:20:23 PM »
a guy i work with came in late today. seems his sons car was stolen last night right out of their driveway. they too live in a cul-de-sac. no reason why anyone should be on their street late at night. the ygot a call from the cops who pulled over the 2 under-aged punks driveing the car. so they drove up to see the car and get it back. they even got to talk to the 2 kids that stole the car. seems to be 2 under-aged teens with rich mommies and daddies, had nothing better to do. yep, now they wont get a drivers license until they are 20-something! hahahah!
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline LifesGrand

• UberWheeler
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 05:22:22 PM »
Time to set-up a spy cam if their only days apart from each other.. are they?
95 ZJ v8 Ltd.

I called the number on the T.V. set & turned my gold in for cash....

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 05:33:57 PM »
Screw a spy cam, I'm staying up all night. They've all happened within 2 weeks and rangerdanger  next time I will let the dogs out and have no sign of guilt.

Offline jandh

• UberWheeler
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 06:04:29 PM »
Screw a spy cam, I'm staying up all night. They've all happened within 2 weeks and rangerdanger  next time I will let the dogs out and have no sign of guilt.

Best thing to do is just catch em one night
I had a rebel flag on my car(family from Kentucky, just in case your wondering)  anyway got my front tire slashed
About a month later i came home after a UFC fight and a few drinks and caught some emo kid with his skinny friend punching my rear tire with a screwdriver,  I did a bit of punching myself, and have never had a problem again - I don't recommend it, but sometimes some proper "parenting" is needed :-X
1991 YJ

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 06:10:11 PM »
is that all that happened Eric?  there has to be some sort of record or something right?  it really grinds my gears that a thing like not wearing a seatbelt will screw me in more ways than a 14 yr old kid jacking a 50K truck in life.   not cool.  

I would normally agree with the video cameras but from the sounds of other peoples stories (and what i've been told)  young offenders will be saved, so unless the thiefs are 18+ the camera's useless.    

i hope you resolve your problems........................... (or the dogs get a good 'workout')

~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 06:12:18 PM »
hahah who ever is doing it shouldn't be worried about the dogs if you catch my drift, some kids just need to learn their lesson the hard way.

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 09:21:15 PM »
.. but sometimes some proper "parenting" is needed :-X

After you finish the "proper parenting", you should make a point to tell the offenders that they have just officially became your property's body guards.

Explain that if anything happens to you stuff in the future, regardless of who did the damage, you'll be looking for them to update the "proper parenting".

Vince
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline jandh

• UberWheeler
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 09:30:43 PM »
After you finish the "proper parenting", you should make a point to tell the offenders that they have just officially became your property's body guards.

Explain that if anything happens to you stuff in the future, regardless of who did the damage, you'll be looking for them to update the "proper parenting".

Vince

I like it
1991 YJ

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 10:02:41 PM »
If you stay up and see the little pricks, don't confront them. Follow them home them find a tool to write Karma's going to F you, in some of there stuff. My tool of choice would be a protable plasma cutter. If there were any consecenses for these little pukes anymore they might not try this kind of crap. Kids now a days need a little more treatments with a respect stick.
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 10:19:35 PM »
Vinman your are my idol thanks for the idea.
esi I'm not about to stoop to their level breaking fingers on the other hand....

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 11:22:42 PM »
man oh man this place is full of great ideas