Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Post May Long Weekend Cleanup in McLean - The boss corrected me.  (Read 9080 times)

Offline Tinkerer

• UberWheeler
    • My (OLD OLD OLD) website
I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, so I went the 'safe route'. Usually I see something posted about this and perhaps I'm myopic, but I haven't yet.

My wife is all keen to go camping in Waiparous McLean after the May long weekend and is planning on doing lots of cleanup.  I suggested she co-ordinate with the SRD, but they were confused on the phone, not knowing who was responsible for what etc.  It was suggested that she contact Pitch-In, which she has.  They were impressed and appear to be willing to put a bin out there and provide bags etc.  in conjunction with the MD.

I was wondering if we could co-ordinate this with others that will be out there that week and am attempting to co-ordinate with the various people so we don't step on anyone's toes!  Other information, such as what information to gather if we find abandoned vehicles or other larger messes and whom to give it to would be great, since I have monitored these things in the past and there hadn't been a clear protocol to follow.

Thanks for any info that can be provided.

Pretty strange that our idea of a vacation is going out to clean up other's messes  ::)  It will provide me a chance to play with some HF Ham stuff out there and more testing/checking on coverage etc.  :P  Hmm... well we pretty much *know* the coverage in McLean.  Ah well, be too busy cleaning <lol>.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 09:29:50 PM by Tinkerer »
2004 TJ Rubicon 2.5" Cage Puck Lift
LT285/75R15 Trxus MT's
ARB Bullbar and Warn XD9000i winch
Garvin Wilderness Swingaway Rack
Cobra 75WXST CB, Yaesu FT8900 Ham
VE6PDB - usually on VE6RYC

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Post May Long Weekend Cleanup in Waiparous??
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 12:43:34 PM »
I wasn't sure what forum to put this in, so I went the 'safe route'. Usually I see something posted about this and perhaps I'm myopic, but I haven't yet.

My wife is all keen to go camping in Waiparous after the May long weekend and is planning on doing lots of cleanup.  I suggested she co-ordinate with the SRD, but they were confused on the phone, not knowing who was responsible for what etc.  It was suggested that she contact Pitch-In, which she has.  They were impressed and appear to be willing to put a bin out there and provide bags etc.  in conjunction with the MD.

I was wondering if we could co-ordinate this with others that will be out there that week and am attempting to co-ordinate with the various people so we don't step on anyone's toes!  Other information, such as what information to gather if we find abandoned vehicles or other larger messes and whom to give it to would be great, since I have monitored these things in the past and there hadn't been a clear protocol to follow.

Thanks for any info that can be provided

Pretty strange that our idea of a vacation is going out to clean up other's messes  ::)  It will provide me a chance to play with some HF Ham stuff out there and more testing/checking on coverage etc.  :P

PM sent
Super Winch, 33" MT, 2 1/2" lift , CB, Flat Fender
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/george-jungle.html

Offline LifesGrand

• UberWheeler
Re: Post May Long Weekend Cleanup in Waiparous??
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 02:11:35 PM »
If is help required the weekend after Maylong, I'll be available to help for at least a day.. I'm camping Maylong but no where near the problem areas such as Waiparous or Mclean..

PM also sent..
95 ZJ v8 Ltd.

I called the number on the T.V. set & turned my gold in for cash....

Offline i_go_commando

• UberWheeler
Re: Post May Long Weekend Cleanup in McLean - The boss corrected me.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 11:40:38 PM »
i could be talked into helping out
1973 jeep commando -amc 360, 727,203/208, waggy d 44 and amc20- soa, OBA- on hiatus
1958 fc 170 cabover quad cab 3/4 pickup.continetal engine/ 700r4/ dana 300 current project

Michie

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 11:48:44 PM »
Yup I'm the boss :)

Michie

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 11:57:17 PM »
So I go Commando, how can you be talked into helping us out? LOL

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 12:00:35 AM »
I should be able to make it out  ;D
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Michie

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 12:14:31 AM »
Hey be nice you told me to come back to the site  :P

Offline newfie

• Budget Lift
  • newbie and loven it
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 07:22:43 AM »
only way im gonna make it  is if im allowed to bring a slurpee and   gloves
and maybe my camping BBQ and a steak
possible a tent
newfies are everywhere

Michie

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 10:13:14 AM »
Yup you can bring your items :)

only way im gonna make it  is if im allowed to bring a slurpee and   gloves
and maybe my camping BBQ and a steak
possible a tent

Offline newfie

• Budget Lift
  • newbie and loven it
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 04:11:06 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
newfies are everywhere

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 04:55:06 PM »
So I go Commando...

Way too much info...
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Michie

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 08:33:20 PM »
Oh well... LOL
Way too much info...

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 09:39:16 PM »

My wife is all keen to go camping in Waiparous McLean after the May long weekend and is planning on doing lots of cleanup. 

Pretty strange that our idea of a vacation is going out to clean up other's messes  ::)  It will provide me a chance to play with some HF Ham stuff out there and more testing/checking on coverage etc.  :P  Hmm... well we pretty much *know* the coverage in McLean.  Ah well, be too busy cleaning <lol>.

Great work for steping up to start this effort. Who is available to Help?
Super Winch, 33" MT, 2 1/2" lift , CB, Flat Fender
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/george-jungle.html

Michie

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 11:18:56 AM »
Fisher East is where I was thinking... :)  I can't wait till next week... :)
Due to birthday parties etc., we are going out to McLean Monday evening.  We may do a quick tour after setup to see what needs to be done and perhaps grab some easy stuff.  I would think it would be Tuesday on that we'd get stuff done.  I think we are planning on going in toward Fischer East to camp (haven't confirmed wth the boss).  Ya can't miss the Silver '04 Rubi with the VE6PDB magnets on the doors and fairly big antennas off of the rear rack.  

I'm going to try to have both Jeeps with CB (channel 10 seems to be the consensus) and Amateur (VE6RYC) going and a couple of Ham handhelds.

We're still working on the bin and bags.

Thanks for whatever help we can get out there we want to show that we can take care of our recreational areas to help keep them.