Jeepster on June 24, 2009, 04:15:44 PM
So I filled out the Form to join AURS and mailed it off with some cash to join.
I just got the envelope back saying the address I put on no longer exists ?

this is what I put on.

AURS
P.O. Box 36 Station T
Calgary Alberta
T2H 2G7

This is the address they give on their website...

Anyone know who I can contact at AURS to get the correct info ?

Thanks

TJ54 on June 24, 2009, 09:57:26 PM
AURS doesn't really exist at the moment, It is in a state of transition, It may come back but probably not
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

jandh on June 24, 2009, 09:59:02 PM
I'm still not sure why we let things like this die, but I'm sure it a politics thing right?
anyone know the actual reason?
1991 YJ

TJ54 on June 24, 2009, 10:09:03 PM
Too much in fighting, then a general lack of interest from the various groups it once represented.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Jeepster on June 24, 2009, 10:35:06 PM
Ah ok thanks for the response guys and gals  ;D

Hi Lo Silver on June 25, 2009, 06:29:58 PM
I'd be more inclined to say it was due to the stab in the back type policies by none other than ASRD. There would still be a very active AURS if it weren't for ASRD closing down all the trails around us no matter how much effort and time the members of the AURS put into trail work. I'm sure if you asked anybody that had been involved in the AURS for many years they'd probably echo my same feelings.

dunl on June 25, 2009, 08:28:25 PM
I thought they started the big AURS push again AFTER most of latest trail closures happened.   ???
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

SOMETHING WICKED on June 28, 2009, 11:49:29 AM
I'd be more inclined to say it was due to the stab in the back type policies by none other than ASRD. There would still be a very active AURS if it weren't for ASRD closing down all the trails around us no matter how much effort and time the members of the AURS put into trail work. I'm sure if you asked anybody that had been involved in the AURS for many years they'd probably echo my same feelings.

This is a lot closer to the truth. There was no more "in fighting", that doesn't happen a lot when two people can work together for a common goal. The problem was trying to get more people seriously involved on the process. It's a lot of work when you don't have any help. Everyone bitches, but doesn't step up to the task. I don't blame anyone either, Like Gun said, it's hard to have any interest when they close all our trails and turn their back to the one organization that has brought all the users together for the last 15 years, to do THEIR job out there. As for the future, who know's.  And yes, there is still some money in the bank. It will stay there collecting interest for now.