Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: I plan on buying new 33x12.5x15 tires, any suggestions?  (Read 8542 times)

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
Re: I plan on buying new 33x12.5x15 tires, any suggestions?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2009, 01:43:00 PM »
From my experience with 33" claws at 6 lbs they are definitely worth it.  Excellent traction in snow, mud and hills, poor traction on ice, smooth trail ride, noisey on the high way, have to be carefull in the rocks, weak side walls but they form good to ruts that your trying to climb out of or anything else, side biters work good for climbing out of ruts when you're hung up.  I've found that with other tires when I get in the mud I can't steer, just slide back and forth in ruts, with these aired down the jeep pulls in whatever direction you steer it.  Very good wear on the high way.  They are a good tire in my opinion, I didn't like them at 12 lbs before I had bead locks but at 6 lbs they are a totally different tire.
I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2009, 09:46:28 PM »
lilskaterpunk; If you're looking for a tough looking tire that growls and howls on the pavement, you're going to pay quite a bit, and they are going to wear quickly and probably unevenly. If you don't plan on wheeling your ride, you'll be far better off with a set MTs that are meant for mud and pavement. They won't wear out in a year and they'll still have a tough looking sidewall. I heard that Muffintop might consider separating his wheels and tires. They are about a $300 a corner tire new and have very few Km on them. If you're looking for black/machined DC-1 to go with them I can get you a price on those. Something to think about
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.

lilskaterpunk

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 07:10:59 AM »
@esi
Ya I agree with the wearing and tearing down fast. Don't want Muffintop tires, I already own a pair of Km2 and would like something different. Muffintop is asking a good price if anyone is looking for those type.

I think I will be going with the Toyo MT Open Season as there a ruff looking tire, many great comments on them, I read reviews, and life expectancy would be great if properly rotated, etc. Either the Toyo MT or Dick Cepek Crushers lol Im leaning more towards Toyos MT Open Season though :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 07:22:51 AM by lilskaterpunk »