Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Winter Builds?  (Read 11895 times)

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
Re: Winter Builds?
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2009, 11:17:46 AM »
Aside from doin a few tracloc to traclocker conversions, I dont have much going on this winter.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2009, 09:18:34 PM »
this january im ordering a gallon of molasses. i figure filling the diffs with it will keep those axles locked up nice and good;) too bad it only works in january when its really cold ::)
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline comanche killer

• UberWheeler
  • Aaron
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2009, 06:02:48 PM »
 new trany  it finly bit the biscit.  finish the well needed body work from when i choped the back part of roof out, an sye, and put a locker in the front/rebuild, oh and fix the winch
aka it wont be ready till the end of 2010 :( :'( :( :'( :( :( :'( :'( :( :'(
95 3/4 ton Chev  dailydriver/heavy hauler
97 green MZJ custom 4link rear/3link front, FF 14 bolt rear welded, D 60 front, ax-15, np-231,custom rollcage, half doors, PSC hydro assist 14"kings 40"boggers

Offline T-BOAN

• Baby Wheeler
  • I drive a Liberty. No. I am not a woman.
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2009, 06:49:42 PM »
Just gross add-ons for me. My 8 and 14 year old daughters bought me some TinkerBell seatcovers and matching floormats as Christmas gifts for Dad's new Jeep. Now my Liberty is definately a "womans Jeep". Some one shoot me please! :'(
My grandma hasn't been helping me out as much as she used to

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2009, 10:16:33 PM »
Just gross add-ons for me. My 8 and 14 year old daughters bought me some TinkerBell seatcovers and matching floormats as Christmas gifts for Dad's new Jeep. Now my Liberty is definately a "womans Jeep". Some one shoot me please! :'(

Better take the trucknutz off  ;D

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2009, 08:41:25 AM »
I love it!  I'm so glad I have boys ;D
04 TJ Rubi

Offline 03Jeeper

• Budget Lift
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2009, 02:26:29 PM »
I'm just going to collect parts until spring.
My plan is:
Front Stubby Bumper
Rear Tire Carrier
CB Radio
Parts for the HP D30

Offline apeman

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not as grumpy
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2010, 04:46:30 AM »
My $500 99 XJ is getting a remodelling of sorts...I have a ton of parts sitting waiting to go in, just time to get it put together, some parts are waiting to be picked up.
4.5" lift, JK 2" BB Shocks (BDS courtesy of a Chimaroo)
Hesco HP Head w/ Yella Terra Roller Rockers (sooo nice)...part of a stroker build.
Borla SS Header (shoulda got the whole exhaust kit)
Custom building my own bumpers, almost there.. (actually just copying the Bulletproof designs..shhh dont tell)

Hopefull i can get my locker this week, and start thinking about tires, and maybe the d44 im thinking of...and so on and so on.

Should be done by spring.
Getting grumpier every day.
99 XJ - It's got sum stuff ,Noel free stuff..
98 ZJ - It's just ugly, but bigger than your Rubi

Offline 4PLAYZJ

• UberWheeler
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2010, 11:19:47 PM »
This thread just reminded me that I have a broken jeep out back

-get house back together
-finish new garage 8)
-super 88 kit with spool
-fix broken mounts & bushings for front diff
-build my tube bender that I just downloaded plans for
-borrow die set from Nathan ;D
-make sexy tube parts

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2010, 08:56:03 PM »
decided to resurrect this thread.

so, i've joked around about the '3k ZJ'  as some of you've heard.  well, its still alive and well, kind of.  i haven't sold it yet ;) but never know with me.

so, to run down the list.
95ZJ with upcountry; (gastank, tcase and engine skids. plus 1" lift and tow hooks) jeep was lined up for 'cash for clunkers' but i couldn't let it go; it was in to nice of condition.  so i bought it, and like all jeeps, sunk some money into it. 
to this day, i've done; unit bearings, track bar, (thanks fras) brakes all round, new tires (31s) suspension (2" RE) satellite radio, serviced, diffs/tranny etc. blah blah blah.  have replaced CV joints, ABS sensors, and some other little things.

other things on the plate include replacing the exhaust with frasers dynomax unit, a good set of fog lights and an NP 242 swap.  love the builds!

NOw.......... the YJ........... hasnt' been touched ;)

how are other peoples builds?
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2010, 09:00:37 PM »
I received my new Riddler diff covers today and picked up new calipers, parking brake shoes and pads so I can convert to rear disk :)
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2010, 09:28:38 PM »

4.56 gears installed... detroit locker in the back... E-locker in the front. 

Riddler covers didnt make it in time... so i will put those on at some point in the coming months. 

The wife says no more money on the jeep till we own a house...  we shall see how long that lasts.  hahahaha
99 XJ - 4.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex, 31" Dick Cepek Mud Country Tires, Front E-locker, Rear Detroit Locker, Rockhard 4x4 front and rear bumper with sotc, 9000lb winch, Cobra CB.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2010, 09:30:17 PM »
4.56 gears installed... detroit locker in the back... E-locker in the front. 

Riddler covers didnt make it in time... so i will put those on at some point in the coming months. 

The wife says no more money on the jeep till we own a house...  we shall see how long that lasts.  hahahaha

sniff sniff................... i smell 33s ;)
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2010, 09:31:30 PM »

Mine says "finish the damn basement" and "I thought you said that was the last thing you wanted for it!"  It's so fun to drive, super impracticle, and a cause for lots of arguments, but I'll never sell it, looks too good sitting in the garage  ;D
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2010, 09:41:04 PM »
sniff sniff................... i smell 33s ;)

I have a 4000km family camping trip planned this summer... which means by August my 31s should be completely useless...  thats when i say start pulling for 33s.  haha
99 XJ - 4.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex, 31" Dick Cepek Mud Country Tires, Front E-locker, Rear Detroit Locker, Rockhard 4x4 front and rear bumper with sotc, 9000lb winch, Cobra CB.