Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: ZJ tube fender  (Read 2653 times)

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
ZJ tube fender
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:17:13 PM »
so... the other day I went up town and some azz either ran into my front fender, not too bad but it left a decent mark and there`s some rust starting to come threw just above the cladding.
Solution:  MAKE TUBE FENDERS

My thoughts are to use 3/4 tubing on the outside for some strength, then use some sheet metal to come from the body to the tube preferably on about a 45 degree angle so it will shed mud and look decent.

My thought are to cut 2 identical pieces that will sandwich the fender where the sheetmetal attaches and maybe some bracing after that.

I'm looking for opinions, do you think this will be enough to hold them to the fender?

I searched and haven't found anything else that's been done on the front of a ZJ, just one that was done on the rear of a big Z that cut the taillights out and tubed forward to the opened wheel well.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 07:49:20 PM by esi »
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: ZJ tube fender
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 10:01:19 PM »
If you are registered on JeepForum, there is a guy on there who is doing front tube fenders and rear quarter panel armor.  Just look in the GC general discussion for CL_Ninjas build thread.  Last page in the build thread.

Here
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/clninjas-build-thread-434081/index6.html
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:04:31 PM by WhiteOut »

Offline copperheadj20

• Baby Wheeler
Re: ZJ tube fender
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 12:37:41 PM »