Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Stupid snow/city.  (Read 23582 times)

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
Stupid snow/city.
« on: December 05, 2009, 01:42:05 AM »
So i hear all these stories from friends about how bad it is out on the roads. 2-3 foot snowbanks and cars stuck all over the place, figure it would be fun to go play in it.  After 45 minutes of driving, NOTHING! Sooo disappointed the city plow everything so well. >:(

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: Stupid snow/city.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 02:03:23 AM »
Just find yourself some back streets!

The alleys behind all the houses here in Lake Bonavista are a LOT of fun after a big storm  ;D
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 02:22:25 AM »
was runnin some alleys around my house and its been fun haha my 33's disapeered in 1 drift
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline .:.Dingman.:.

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 08:43:51 AM »
Backing out of my garage I was pushing the snow drift with my hatch it came right up to the glass.

Offline after6queers

• BANNED
  • Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 09:40:25 AM »
Try near fields the snow drifts in my area are getting close to 3'...way too much fun it was just me and some guy in his jacked up ford driving around!!
2001 Jeep TJ - 4" Lift 35's MTZ Chanda made bumpers, fenders and sliders...still working on her!!!

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 11:10:07 AM »
Was out yesterday in my AWD minivan with studded tires. It was a blast! Went up  to Cross Iron mills and got the X-mas shopping done. Was a great day to do it, malls were empty.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline lizard230

• Budget Lift
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 11:11:41 AM »
there are 5-6 foot ones around my house  :P can even see my nabours cars anymore
2000 TJ

Offline Ostego

• UberWheeler
  • Full Size Jeep
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 11:22:52 AM »
Drifts out of the city are insane, there's some almost over the hood of my F150 project!
I'll take some pictures and post them when I go out and 'attempt' to run my driveway.... have to use the J20.  ;)
'95 ZJ: 3" Budget lift, quick-disconnects, 31x10.5 Savero MT's
'74 J20: 401, Holley Street Avenger 4 barrel, custom  camper.
'75 F100: 351M, 5" Super Lift.

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 02:15:47 PM »
Strathmore is quite retarded as well. Here's an idea if you have a minivan or civic don't try to drive on roads that have drifts as big as your crappy traction mobile. But touring around in the snow has been fun. ;D
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 02:28:54 PM »
My neighbor just called me... he parked his JK on a concrete median at Glenmore and 37th.   He got the front drivers wheel and the front diff over and is now sitting on the track bar. 

Went over to help him out but there is WAY too much traffic and ice for me to attempt anything. 6 hour wait for the tow...  That wind is now turning all the plowed roads into skating rinks...   I'm calling it a movie day now.  :)
04 TJ Rubi

Offline homeguy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 05:22:04 PM »
I tried to go to work today up in Skyview... country hills closed, but managed to get around the back way, but... Metis had a bit of snow on it.
2010 Mountain Edition, ARB front and rear diff covers, BFG AT's, Vision X Solstice XILS4102 & Solo's, S-Pod switch bezel, K&N drop in filter, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Poison Spyder front bumper, OME 2" lift, Rigid Industries Dually's & D2's, M8000

Offline BBD

• Winch Wench
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 07:52:38 PM »
lots of snow in abbeydale. Lovin every minit of it. Although there are alot of cars to help push off the road. 1 bus and 4 cars turned a 10 min macks trip into 2hrs. guess they should have bought a jeep. ;D

Offline Ostego

• UberWheeler
  • Full Size Jeep
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 07:54:51 PM »
Just made a thread with pictures of what it looks like in my neck of the woods, scary stuff.  ???
'95 ZJ: 3" Budget lift, quick-disconnects, 31x10.5 Savero MT's
'74 J20: 401, Holley Street Avenger 4 barrel, custom  camper.
'75 F100: 351M, 5" Super Lift.

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 08:26:43 PM »
I pulled Blasphemy out to play in the drifts and do some extractions on the alleys and side streets,.. when I pulled the Mustang into the back alley I managed to get it stuck. Some guy pulled up in his Envoy and said "great day for a Mustang,..hahhaha" then proceeded to get stuck where I had just been stuck,.. he popped it it to 4wd  and yup still stuck,...Karma's a bitch,.. so 5 of us decided to push him out and teach him the tricks of fanning the front wheels to get some grip  ::)
www.racingforthecure.ca

Definition of Link to this definition of Blasphemy
1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 05:39:33 AM »
McKnight was still closed south of the airport around 10:30 last night.

It seemed that any East-West road that had enough of an open area to the North was in danger of being closed down completely. I saw one street that simply had an open "park" on the North side - it was completely covered with two to three foot drifts, and even the 4WD vehicles had resorted to driving on the sidewalk and people's lawns on the south side of the road.

I also saw one spot on the North side of Martindale where someone had parked an F-350 with a topper on the North side of a street. The truck acted as enough of a snow fence that there was a drift on the south side...about nine feet worth.  :o
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(