Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Stupid snow/city.  (Read 23578 times)

Offline RedDog

• Budget Lift
Re: Stupid snow/city.
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 07:05:08 AM »
The Toyota lot off Gasoline Alley here yesterday afternoon...

I'd rather be dragging a club than clubbing in drag
05 TJ mildly enhanced • 08 Buell XB12XT • 08 Santa Cruz Superlight

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 07:13:46 AM »
The Toyota lot off Gasoline Alley here yesterday afternoon...

Yeah...but they have Tacomas and FJ cruisers there. If you listen to the Yota guys, their IFS will make short work of those drifts!  ;D
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline WagoneerXJ

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Bagon Wagon!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 09:25:00 AM »
I was in Calgary for the weekend to visit and do some shopping. What a great one I picked. Highway 22 was a freakin mess, when I could see at all! By Okotoks it was scary as hell. I was happy to see not too many RETARDS driving too fast while I was there.

On the way home I took Highway 2 to Ft. Macleod and then to the crowsnest pass. Highway was dicey at best. Then my alternator died in Jaffray BC, but made it back to Kimberley on reserve power. Good trip!
98 XJ Sport 2 Dr, 3", 33's and Bushwacker Flat Flares
87 XJ Wagoneer 5", Dana 44, 34" Swamper TSL's
97 TJ 5.2 Magnum V8 swap, 4" and 33" MTZ's- GF's Jeep
84 Mustang GT-Built 351W 5spd
97 XJ - 3.5", 31" BFG. 370,000 KMS and counting!

Offline slimbeam

• UberWheeler
  • 4" RE,3"body,35"rubber,dana 44 rear,sye,KEW winch
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 04:50:10 PM »
I drove in from Ft McMurray last night hiways were in good shape lots of drifting though; I had no troubles but then I was grossing 203,000 lbs, My heep started good this am then played in drifts out at  Aldersyde for a while before heading for house ;D
I started out with nothing and so far I have most of it left

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 05:57:01 PM »
Yup...a heavy rig does tend to work a little better than a light one for busting drifts  ;D
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline comanche killer

• UberWheeler
  • Aaron
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 08:20:08 PM »
me and my roomates went out on friday gars were stuck everywhere and the right turning  line heading west on micnight was not travled  just pased the airport/before deerfoot  had to go that way so just plowed throw it  :) :) :) :)   and on the way back we saw a yukon and a blazer  that tryed to follow my tracks throw about 75' of  3' high snow drift  was going to help them out but saw that there was a tow truck was there  then saw Doug (mudhug)  on the meites  off ramp pulling stuck cars out  stoped to see  if he need help  he said  he had it under control  :) :) :) ;D ;D

good show Doug  what was the total # off cars pulled out there?????
95 3/4 ton Chev  dailydriver/heavy hauler
97 green MZJ custom 4link rear/3link front, FF 14 bolt rear welded, D 60 front, ax-15, np-231,custom rollcage, half doors, PSC hydro assist 14"kings 40"boggers

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 08:28:13 PM »
pulled that BMW out of there then went up to kingcora and pulled i believe it was 10 or 15 cars out of there... easy 200 bucks.. pretty sure i broke an axle shaft today in the jeep though  >:(

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 09:21:37 PM by Mudhawg »
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline jeeptastic

• Budget Lift
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 09:11:46 PM »
Hey Whiteout

I work with the city driving a plow and if you are looking for a few good streets to play in take a look at Edmonton Trail and 31 Ave NE. I got my sander stuck there  today in a five foot snow drift today and spend two hours digging myself out. Another good one is right behind King George Elementry on 9th Street. Huge drifts and a lot of snow there as well. Next time it snows I will try to post some good places to play before we plow them.

The key to finding a lot of snow is look around by schools that have big fields. You always get big drifts and tons of snow around there.

On Saturday morning we were talking with the night foreman and he was saying that a plow got stuck on his shift and when they came back in the morning on my shift to pull it out there was an eight foot drift covering the truck. I beleive that the plow was stuck on or near 64th Ave.

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 09:39:43 PM »
They *still* have Metis northbound closed for whatever reason. They were in there earlier with a front end loader and graders.

cars and trucks were stuck(about 7 of them, going both ways)
people just left them.

they closed off 80th, and I thougth that it might have just been bad for a little, so I made a detour, and that is when I found the stuck cars and trucks.
decided that if a 3/4 ton wouldn't make it, I likely wouldnt' either(need some weight in the jeep, it is a very light jeep in the back right now.

that and I couldn't see a path through the stuck cars, I would have hit one of them at least
97 Red XJ, 4.5", 31" mud's, ARB front, 9500lb winch, bushwhacker's, warn sliders, HnT SYE and CV drive shaft - written off and sold for parts :(

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 10:41:00 PM »
Final tally for me was one small Ford that took 35 minutes of winching, a fullsize Tahoe (fumed wife inside, husband shoveling with hands when I arrived), guy who snapped the idler pulley trying to bust snow piles in the HD parking lot with an Intrepid. I'm probably going back up tomorrow to pull some cars now that the snow is a bit more packed.

Taradale, Falconridge and Martindale min. requirements are 31's, heavy bumper, lift, F&R recovery and a winch.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 11:11:50 PM by WhiteOut »

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 04:45:35 AM »
Don't forget the Acura driver that insisted on hugging us!

Oh...and there was also a Honda in Falconridge.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 07:26:55 PM »
i love this .. i can go anywhere and everywhere pass people doing 40km and im doing 45 but in the snowbank

pulled 11 people out of the snnow on saturday .

bring on more      the more snow the less bad drivers on the roads

because theyll all be stuck and have to take the bus 

04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 10:41:12 PM »
and then get stuck on the bus, haha.
97 Red XJ, 4.5", 31" mud's, ARB front, 9500lb winch, bushwhacker's, warn sliders, HnT SYE and CV drive shaft - written off and sold for parts :(

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2009, 10:29:52 AM »
now that sucks

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2009, 10:37:29 AM »
Shhh... Michie spent *hours* digging a bus out on Friday that the previous driver had got stuck.

Was it the bus stuck half on the road and half iff by Crowchild at 54th?

On a different topic, it is not only -17* and the roads are bare, there is zero need for people to be driving 25kph on Crowchild with their 4 ways on. If this is you, STAY HOME!