Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Waiparous Dec 5  (Read 3857 times)

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
Waiparous Dec 5
« on: December 02, 2009, 08:03:45 AM »
Anyone interested?

I have been dying to get out...  just back from over a month of working offshore and dying to get out in my jeep.  

Hmm  i realize that maybe not many of you guys know what kinda rig i have... and perhaps havent run with me before.

Back in the summer i did join in on the run that SpecialK hosted out in McLean.

I do have a fairly capable rig...  Red 99XJ 4.5" lift, winch, front and rear tow points, tow straps.  

Dont have a CB... ive been talking to the guy at ComTek at the RoadKing truckstop to sort out what i want.  

I've run just about everything out in waiparous... to the falls... to the lake.  

:)  
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:52:24 AM by mhernden »
99 XJ - 4.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex, 31" Dick Cepek Mud Country Tires, Front E-locker, Rear Detroit Locker, Rockhard 4x4 front and rear bumper with sotc, 9000lb winch, Cobra CB.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: Waiparous Dec 5 or 6??
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 05:30:40 PM »
I've also just gotten back from a month offshore. Where were you working?

I might be down for a quick run this weekend - I've got a lift on my JK that could use a "shake down" run prior to heading out the following weekend.

I still haven't even looked at my to-do list yet though...I'm still just starting the process of recovering from jet lag and the joys of the thirty five hours it takes to get back here.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 05:33:18 PM »

The drill ship Stena Carron off the Newfoundland coast. 

Well crap... sounds like we might have ourselves a convoy. 

See if anyone else is interested.  Few more jeeps might be nice.
99 XJ - 4.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex, 31" Dick Cepek Mud Country Tires, Front E-locker, Rear Detroit Locker, Rockhard 4x4 front and rear bumper with sotc, 9000lb winch, Cobra CB.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 05:49:08 PM »
The drill ship Stena Carron off the Newfoundland coast. 

Well crap... sounds like we might have ourselves a convoy. 

See if anyone else is interested.  Few more jeeps might be nice.

Gotcha. I was on a jack-up called Aban VIII in an Iranian field in the Persian Gulf.

I'd wager that the weather was nicer where I was, but I think I'd rather have your commute  ;)
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline jeeptastic

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 09:23:37 PM »
If you guys go out on Sunday I might be up for a final run of the year.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 09:33:19 PM »
I'd be looking at going on Saturday. I have a course for work on Monday.  >:(

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 08:52:10 AM »
Yeah... Saturday actually works better for me as well. 

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
Re: Waiparous Dec 5
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 04:37:55 PM »

I'm surprised no one else is interested in heading out.   Maybe too many repairs after last weekends "end of year" run at McLean.   haha

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 04:45:10 PM »
I'm surprised no one else is interested in heading out.   Maybe too many repairs after last weekends "end of year" run at McLean.   haha

There's that...and the fact that many of the "official" members are going out on the 12th for winter camping and a run...and also the fact that there's supposed to be 8 inches of fresh snow and some serious cold settling in overnight on Friday.

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 04:49:07 PM »
mmmmm snow-wheeling.   love it. 

Should go check if my chains fit my new tires.   

Hate to need them and not be able to use them. 

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 04:56:05 PM »
8 inches of fresh snow on Friday.

The best reason to go!

Wish I could make 'er out but got some prior plans.
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline 4our play

• Stocker
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 04:57:19 PM »
im down  when ever im just gotta do a ball joint i got a 02 tj front and rear lockers 4 inch lift rubicon express lift double flex on mickys 33,s

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 09:44:40 AM »
Alright... so for those interested in coming...

What time would you like to meet up?  I'm assuming in Cochrane...  i generally hit the Subway at the bottom of the hill before any run so i have food with me. 

I'm going to pickup my CB/antenna today and get that fellow at ComTek to tune it.   I'm also going to make sure my chains fit my new tires.   Anyone else have chains? 

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »
I'm gonna say between 9:30am and 10am at the Subway at the bottom of the hill in cochrane... anyone wanting to go... be there. 

If the weather is looking too nuts in the morning... just post on here at some point before 9am so everyone knows if its off. 

Thanks,

Mike

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 12:39:08 PM »
Cancelled.   People have enough trouble getting out of their driveways this morning!   hahaha