Calgary Jeep Association

Linked Events

• CJA Open Run: February 06, 2010

Author Topic: Open Run Feb 6  (Read 34973 times)

Offline Tagg

• Budget Lift
Re: Open Run Feb 6
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 08:29:05 PM »
I'm planning on going.  I'll volunteer to run last in the group.  I've got an empty seat if Frank can't get his rig ready in time.
08 Rubicon

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 08:49:53 PM »
If one isn't ready, would trailin' with other be an option?

I'm planning on going.  I'll volunteer to run last in the group.  I've got an empty seat if Frank can't get his rig ready in time.

There is your answer, Frank.   Thanks for offering up a seat Jim!
04 TJ Rubi

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 10:45:12 PM »
for those who are new to open runs

stock jeeps are always welcomed 

must haves are tow hooks and recouvery strap

food and water for the day  warm clothes and a good attitude

dress warm and bring an extra set of clothes .

full tank of gas

depends on the croud that shows up   then we'll deside on the trail/trails that we will take .

any questions feel free to post or PM

04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline Sunburst09

• Stocker
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 11:14:59 PM »
Any idea what time you might be going yet?  I get off work that morning.  Not sure if Jeeping and 2 hours sleep will really go together!  :-\

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 10:49:25 AM »
Any idea what time you might be going yet?  I get off work that morning.  Not sure if Jeeping and 2 hours sleep will really go together!  :-\

Usually we meet in the parking lot at Smitty's in Cochrane at 8:30AM..leaving at 9AM fully fueled.. 

I would recommend being fully alert when wheeling.  It's when you get tired that people make mistake, get injured or get killed.

better be safe then sorry. my 2 cents

Thank you Jeff for leading the run!!

Offline muffintop

• UberWheeler
  • You spilled my macchiato!
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 12:23:05 PM »
Usually we meet in the parking lot at Smitty's in Cochrane at 8:30AM..leaving at 9AM fully fueled.. 

I might also come out for the festivities... will be a last minute decision though.

In addition to being fully fueled...  I would also recommend that everyone know where they are going and where the trail head is before leaving Smitty's parking lot. If someone doesn't know where the trail head is... now is the time to speak up & buddy up with someone who knows where they are going. That way if ya get separated from the herd (trust me... weird sh*t happens sometimes)... someones watchin out for ya. That and the rest of the group wont be wondering "Hey... where did that guy in the red TJ go?"... right Dom  ;)

Oh ya... sounds obvious... but even for the drive out... keep your CB on and tuned to the CJA default channel at all times. Is it 9 or 10... I forget  :-[

2014 Jeep SRT
2009 Jeep XK, 5.7L, 3" lift & AEV rims
2003 Jeep TJ, 4.5L stroker, 38's, custom long arm, 609 HP diffs, atlas, coil overs, full hydro, etc.
1997 Jeep TJ, 4.0L, 35's, Clayton long arm, locked SAG30, locked SAG35, coil overs, air bumps

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »
Channel 10 unless it has changed.   8)
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 03:00:07 PM »
I might also come out for the festivities... will be a last minute decision though.

In addition to being fully fueled...  I would also recommend that everyone know where they are going and where the trail head is before leaving Smitty's parking lot. If someone doesn't know where the trail head is... now is the time to speak up & buddy up with someone who knows where they are going. That way if ya get separated from the herd (trust me... weird sh*t happens sometimes)... someones watchin out for ya. That and the rest of the group wont be wondering "Hey... where did that guy in the red TJ go?"... right Dom  ;)

Oh ya... sounds obvious... but even for the drive out... keep your CB on and tuned to the CJA default channel at all times. Is it 9 or 10... I forget  :-[

I don't know what you are talking about Kevin! ;)... ;D ;D ;D

If you lose the group; continue going strait until you meet another member of the group.

If the group turn onto another trail/road ; someone should wait for you.

Better,... every member of the group should not lose sight of the person behind them.

Channel 10 is usually the one the CJA uses.

Never use channel 9... it's the emergency channel

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:01:54 PM by SwampSinger »

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 04:17:56 PM »
Finally be able to try out the new CB on the 6th! 

Im amazed at how little talk is on the radio in and around Calgary.   Only place i hear even a smidge of conversation is over near the RoadKing. 
99 XJ - 4.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex, 31" Dick Cepek Mud Country Tires, Front E-locker, Rear Detroit Locker, Rockhard 4x4 front and rear bumper with sotc, 9000lb winch, Cobra CB.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 08:14:48 PM »
since the last few trip have resulted in killing deers or scrapping jeeps

we all leave from smitties at the save time and we all will follow each other out back to smitties

no one gets left behind  no excuses .. we all wait for each other

so we'll set the meeting time at 8:30 so pretty much show up fueled and ready to go .. get your coffee be for 8:30

and s for the route we take it will be desided  on what size jeeps show up and how expierenced people are

channel 10 for those who have CB's'
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline jeepers26

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 08:25:03 PM »
I could possibly be in for this one depending if I get my rig back together... Are you gonna stage at the pit in Waiparious? if so could I meet you there? I live in Sundre, and its alot easier that running down to Cochrane and then half the way back up to Waiparious.
02 Grand Cherokee Overland
6.5" Ironrock Offroad long arm lift (front)
33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws
Iceland Offroad winch bumper (no winch yet :( )
Iceland Offroad  cut-out fender flares
Garmin GPS
Cobra CB

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 09:01:26 PM »
since the last few trip have resulted in killing deers or scrapping jeeps

Is this where we say "Who hit a dear and who lost a jeep" ?    ???
99 XJ - 4.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex, 31" Dick Cepek Mud Country Tires, Front E-locker, Rear Detroit Locker, Rockhard 4x4 front and rear bumper with sotc, 9000lb winch, Cobra CB.

Offline Sweetberry

• Stocker
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 10:31:39 PM »
Will it scratch my new baby???? I'm new to here too, just signed up. I drive a 2008 Jeep Rubicon. I'd love to come. I'm also new to 4x4ing, I've done about 8 hours 4x4ing, think I can handle it?

Thanks

Alice
Yippee!!! Let's Go!!! What are you waiting for!!

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 10:33:58 PM »
Shouldn't scratch it up, the trails that are out there should be easy for even a stock Rubicon.

Offline Eagle Jeeper

• Budget Lift
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, 10:52:19 PM »
I might come down from Sundre for this but my jeep is  a trailer queen is there a bit of  a staging area to leave tow rigs.  I might have another buddy coming in the same shoes.
94 YJj7, AMC360,T176,Dana300(twin stick, Dana 44 4:56, 14 bolt FF welded 4:56, 2 1/2" susp SOA, 38/12.5/15 TSL's, warn 8274,  Custom dash