shooter on January 03, 2006, 11:44:09 AM
The AURS requires help at the upcoming bike show.

Please visit this link for more details.

:!: http://www.4wheeler.ca/index.php?showtopic=22704&hl=  :!:

Spinalguy on January 04, 2006, 12:58:02 PM
Thanks for the pm Brad.

That is pathetic (i have no other words to describe it) that we have no volunteers for a Fri, Sat and Sun event.
We all want to wheel and enjoy our sport but as usual we don't want to go the extra distance. Same old story. Maybe we should inform SRD that we prefer they close Waiporous, Maclean Creek, Indian Graves, Livingstone and Dutch Creek so we do not have to feel guilty about not really helping where help is needed.

Again, i will emphatically state that the OFFROAD CLUBS of Calgary need to be accountable. We need the executives of those clubs to encourage participation in the AURS outside of the 2 days we "expect" attendance.

Brad, i will do the 2-6 shift on Saturday. If you can drop off a pass to get in free....great! If not, no worries. $9 is reasonable.

Thanks and yes it is a soapbox rant :soapbox:

Tom
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Spinalguy on January 07, 2006, 09:00:04 AM
It has been brought to my attention that my above post is very negative.

i agree. i absolutely could have posted a much more positive reply. As i re-read my reply, i see where it evoked the responses i got. My bad!

It is very tiring to see the same folks doing all the work. i guess i waited to volunteer because i wanted to see how it all played out. When i saw no volunteers by Wednesday, i was fumed. So, i volunteered and received a pm from Brad stating i was the only one so far. That is when i came on and posted my whiny, bitchy reply. i should have taken some time away from the keyboard to cool down. If i had i may have posted this:

Hey everyone!
Some of you folks registered and lurking on this site may have an interest in road and dirt bikes. Well, if you do and you would like to go to the bike show this weekend, could you do the offroad community a favor?
The AURS (an organization that has worked hard over the last ten plus years at keeping the trails open and maintained and as of now is the only representative we have) is putting up a booth at the bike show to educate outdoor enthusiasts about the hidden battles going on to keep Alberta recreation areas open for our and future generations to enjoy. They (the AURS) requires 1, 2 or any more hours you can spare to help out. If you like bikes and you like the idea of 'giving back' to the Calgary community than volunteering can be very rewarding. Please help.
Thanks
Tom (not an AURS exec) but a concerned and passionite user. :smile:
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

pkapral on February 20, 2007, 06:11:04 PM
well maybe i would help out, but what would I be doing at this event? i know nothing about it, or what it is, as i am new to 4wheeling, or anything involved in it.

frenchy on February 20, 2007, 06:54:29 PM
Check the dates. The show is in the past !!

But you're volunteering ahead of time for next year, right ? Good on you.
 :lol:
Jeep
With stuff

Giffer on February 21, 2007, 12:12:14 AM
im in for next year. sorry off topic, i dont want to sound like a thread bunny or what ever you call them, but im really surprised that AURS didnt have a booth at the outdoorsmen this past weekend. but like i said im in for next year!

pkapral on February 21, 2007, 02:03:37 PM
well im just way behind in the times, i didnt even notice!
I must be trolling.

anyways il stop now hehe