Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: PLASMA CUTTERS, WELDERS, COMBO MACHINES  (Read 23420 times)

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
PLASMA CUTTERS, WELDERS, COMBO MACHINES
« on: February 20, 2010, 11:51:03 PM »
Very pleased to announce new sponsorship form Longevity Welding Equipment based out of California for the upcoming season.

At the same time the company is hoping I will become the Canadian dealer for their products and introduce the machines to the Canadian market.   So here we go.....This is Longevity's intro to their product line now available through Brink Fab....

I would like to introduce our company as a potential supplier to your plasma cutting and welding needs.

Our company has been business longer than most of our competitors, we currently have over 4000 customers worldwide. We are here to stand behind our product and offer an unconditional money back guarantee on our products within 30days of purchase. In fact, Longevity will cover shipping both ways on the plasma cutters, welders, and multi-purpose units if you are unsatisfied with your product within the first 30days of purchase - we are extremely proud to enable customers to have a risk free trial on our equipment.

We understand the welding community is an important aspect of everyday business. Our goal is to offer superior quality products at affordable prices, while maintaining excellent customer service.

Currently, we have our own welding forum at http://www.longevity-inc.com/forum and we are also a member of WeldingWeb.com - our forum is on there as well.

Please take a moment to browse our product line at http://www.longevity-inc.com

Still working out if the "risk free trial" can work for Canadian buyers.  I'll keep you posted.  Once my own machines arrive they can definitely be tested at my shop anytime.

For now though...to introduce the product I am offering machines at extremely reasonable introductory pricing.  Browse their site and let me know what you are interested in.  For the most part it looks like this intro price from me can be their current website price...but in Canadian dollars....and shipping included to my door.   Consumables will be in stock here with me at all times, so there is no waiting on them or wondering where to find them for your machine.

Check the extremely positive reveiws on Pirate 4x4 and other websites.  These machines are the real deal.  Latest technology, quality units.  Backed by great service and Warranty.  5yrs of Warranty  :thumbup

This is not a group buy...or limited time availability.  But the introductory prices are for a limited time.

Here's some  examples...

40amp Plasma cutter.  Rated cut is 1/2" on steel.  Severance cut is 3/4"!  Get this machine for under $400

Longevity WeldMax™ Series Portable DC(Only) DUAL VOLTAGE Multi Purpose Welder with 40-amp Plasma Cutter. This multipurpose welding machine  has the full capability of welding and plasma cutting any kind of metal except for aluminum! Why purchase just the plasma cutter or the welder when for a little bit more, you can get a 160amp DC TIG welder, a 140amp DC stick welder, and a 40amp plasma cutter that will cut through every kind of metal including aluminum! This machine is the total package! this welder is designed for light weight industrial welding and cutting, and perfect for the home or shop fabricator! $549

So anyone looking for a plama, mig, tig, stick machine, or unit that will do Plasma and tig and stick all in one????

UPDATE:

Thanks for the orders so far guys.

Here's the time frame on things:

Offer of the US posted price but in Canadian dollars including shipping to my door ends Feb 28

After that the prices all go up by $25 to help cover the shipping.  As an intro I'm still doing the pricing of the US price but in Canadian.  This runs till March 7.

After that prices will be reevaluated and are not guaranteed to stay this low.

Everything then ships and I will have units mid March.

Don't miss these deals.  Free shipping till the end of Feb, prices locked till March 7

If in doubt about the machines I really recommend you check them out on weldingweb.com, pirate4x4.com, freeweldingforum.com    Notice the customer service.  The machines are the real deal, and backed by people who take care of you.

Also keep in mind they include a 5 YEAR WARRANTY
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:04:16 AM by Brink »

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: PLASMA CUTTERS, WELDERS, COMBO MACHINES
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 02:09:19 AM »
Fixed the web link...

nice machines.... 8)

Offline muffintop

• UberWheeler
  • You spilled my macchiato!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 06:18:49 AM »
Looks interesting... friend of mine just bought a house with a triple and is looking to add a few fabrication toys (Plasma, Mig/Tig welder, bender, etc).

I'll check with him and PM ya for a quote or two.
2014 Jeep SRT
2009 Jeep XK, 5.7L, 3" lift & AEV rims
2003 Jeep TJ, 4.5L stroker, 38's, custom long arm, 609 HP diffs, atlas, coil overs, full hydro, etc.
1997 Jeep TJ, 4.0L, 35's, Clayton long arm, locked SAG30, locked SAG35, coil overs, air bumps

Offline yyc_tbird_sc

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 10:54:48 AM »
Ahh...crap. There goes the pay cheques again!  ::)
-'97 Ranger w/ 4" lift, 33" MTZ's, 4.56's, and some new sheet metal
-'89 Thunderbird SC - 285HP, 392ft/lbs [email protected]

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 11:11:19 AM »
Looks interesting... friend of mine just bought a house with a triple and is looking to add a few fabrication toys (Plasma, Mig/Tig welder, bender, etc).

I'll check with him and PM ya for a quote or two.

Sounds good.  I am a dealer for all of that.  Bender included.

Offline lizard230

• Budget Lift
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 05:46:31 PM »
count me in for one
2000 TJ

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 06:25:06 PM »
Hmm been thinking about getting a DC arc welder but I'm not sure if 140amp would be enough. What sort of thickness steel can that machine weld with 140amp DC?

Whats the duty cycle of both machines?

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 06:42:39 PM »
Hmm been thinking about getting a DC arc welder but I'm not sure if 140amp would be enough. What sort of thickness steel can that machine weld with 140amp DC?

Whats the duty cycle of both machines?

In the ARC welder section it show them as rated for .012-3/8" for the stick welding

Honestly I am not proficient enough on  a stick machine to know though.  Anyone else want to jump in with a more educated/experienced opinion.

If 140amp isn't enough we go all the way up to 190amp on the combo machines for arc welding

Offline apeman

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not as grumpy
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 07:31:44 PM »
depends on duty cycle rating...140 amps is plenty for the home fabricator...just depends on duty cycle...you wont be burning anything bigger than 1/8 7018 rods, but really who fabs anything with 5/32??  does it come with cables, torch, or tig setup? Does it run a rectified DC current aka DC smooth? Im interested, but i would like to know more about the tig setup and capabilites?
Getting grumpier every day.
99 XJ - It's got sum stuff ,Noel free stuff..
98 ZJ - It's just ugly, but bigger than your Rubi

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 07:49:30 PM »
Just did about an hours worth of reading on their website and Pirate. Good reviews and customer service from what I saw. Just noticed that the 416 unit is a multi voltage unit! Thats right, runs on either 110V or 220V! Obviously on 110V its capacity is reduced by 50% but still could do 1/4" cut on 110V. Not bad. I've got 220V in the shop but it would be nice to be able to use it other places.

Looks like its got a 60% duty cycle which would probably be plenty for me. Comes with the following:

*  Main Unit
    * Cutting Torch
    * TIG Torch
    * Stick Holder
    * Earth Clamp
    * Air Regulator with Bracket
    * Air Hose
    * Foot Pedal
    * Argon Regulator
    * Consumables: 3 piece tips, 3 piece electrodes, 3 piece gas diffuser, 3 piece shield cups

Thinking that for the extra $100 or $150 I may step up a unit or two. Can you do the webprices on the 518 and 520 to your door as well?

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 07:54:10 PM »
Another question, looks like the plasma cutter doesn't have a pilot arc? Never used one without, how does that work then? Just tap it to the metal to get it started and then pull back? What if you are using a guide?

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 08:09:55 PM »
Thinking that for the extra $100 or $150 I may step up a unit or two. Can you do the webprices on the 518 and 520 to your door as well?

I can squeeze those through at the web price but in Canadian dollars and shipped for this first batch.

That makes the LC-518D $599

and the LC-520D $649

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 08:17:26 PM »
Another question, looks like the plasma cutter doesn't have a pilot arc? Never used one without, how does that work then? Just tap it to the metal to get it started and then pull back? What if you are using a guide?

My old machine was no pilot.  Never had a guide on it though.  With the guide I would expect you need it set VERy close to the workpiece to get things to work right.  Although my old machine never needed to have a real "tap" to get it going.  It struck the arc when you were reasonably close to the material.  Tips are a drag style.

There is the whole next line of IGBT units that are all Pilot Arc.  Price goes up a bit on them, but consumable life goes up also since the tip is not on the workpiece.  Eventually one could argue that will even out the investment.

The only time when it is REALLY an issue is when used in a table.  If you want to go to a CNC setup with one of the non pilot arc machines some mods need to be made.  It can be done with them, but the Pilot Arc models don't need anything to work with them.

Offline i_go_commando

• UberWheeler
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 10:04:59 PM »
i will be in for a plasma cutter. need to do some reasearch yet. also may upgrade my mig welder. having problems getting clark consumables. how come there mig welders are so expesive... i was also hoping for a combo mig/ plasma... hmm
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:22:59 PM by i_go_commando »
1973 jeep commando -amc 360, 727,203/208, waggy d 44 and amc20- soa, OBA- on hiatus
1958 fc 170 cabover quad cab 3/4 pickup.continetal engine/ 700r4/ dana 300 current project

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 11:18:03 PM »
i will be in for a plasma cutter. need to do some reasearch yet. also may upgrade my mig welder. having problems getting clark consumables. how come there mig welders are so expesive... i was also hoping for a combo mig/ plasma... hmm

Mig and plasma don't use the same boards.  But TIG and Plasma do..it's just a natural fit.  Longevity has been working on a mig/plasma but nothing as of now.  It requires pretty much 2 machines in 1 case with few shared components.  Ends up better to just buy the 2 seperately.