Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: PLASMA CUTTERS, WELDERS, COMBO MACHINES  (Read 23422 times)

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
Re: PLASMA CUTTERS, WELDERS, COMBO MACHINES
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2010, 09:59:22 AM »
Ok I have  to practice a bit more to get strait lines like this... or get a CNC ... ;D

I've owned my little 50AMP machine for about a year now... it still works great!

Great bang for the buck!

Bump!

I agree, its best money i've spent. i have the 40amp version but it works great. straight line seem to get straighter for me after a few steamwhistles in me. while at work i've been reserching CNC, like the torchemate 1 DIY kit. or you can build your own water table, gantry and use mach3 control software and get a 3-axis stepper motor, drivers for around $600. im highly considering building a 4x8 table, but i got to get the xj finished first.

Offline Shearcon79

• Budget Lift
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2011, 08:43:28 PM »
I agree, its best money i've spent. i have the 40amp version but it works great. straight line seem to get straighter for me after a few steamwhistles in me. while at work i've been reserching CNC, like the torchemate 1 DIY kit. or you can build your own water table, gantry and use mach3 control software and get a 3-axis stepper motor, drivers for around $600. im highly considering building a 4x8 table, but i got to get the xj finished first.

Is it easy to set the longevity plasma cutters up with a cnc setup? How does the cnc control the plasma cutter? I checked out the torchmate site and I think their cutters have an automation attachment on them...
Green 94 4.0 YJ :
4.5" RE Extreme Duty
33x12.5 MTZ's on 15x8 Black Steelies
Tera-flex Super Short SYE
Drive Products CV Driveshaft
Swing-away Tire Carrier/Bumper/Hitch
Found D44's out of a Waggy...Just need to build them

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2011, 08:57:18 PM »
from what i understand is that you can run your torche through a control box, which trigers it on and off. i dont know how easy or hard its to set up. i havent done it myself. but if you serch through cnczone there are lots of diy plasma tables.

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »
All of our "i" series machines are plug and play with setups like the Torchmate.  There's a jack on the back of the machine that the interface plugs right into.  Machine torches are also available.

There's lots of vid on Torchmate and YouTube of Longevity machines on their tables actually.  Torchmate vouches for us all the time.

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2011, 04:49:21 PM »
So lets run a special.  Seeing as it's tax season lets involve some.....

Double the GST off your purchase of any plasma cutter, welder or multifunction machine.  So that's 10% savings right off the top

Plus you can still stock up on consumables at 25% off at that time.

Big savings available to anyone looking to work with some metal....

Lots of units in stock

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: PLASMA CUTTERS, WELDERS, COMBO MACHINES
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2012, 01:20:57 AM »
Looking to finally grab a welder, wondering if there is any longer term feedback on these machines?