Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: '06 Renegade Light Bar & Heated Seats??? (Factory Order)  (Read 1857 times)

97zj

'06 Renegade Light Bar & Heated Seats??? (Factory Order)
« on: January 09, 2006, 09:04:16 PM »
Today we were factory ordering an '06 Renegade at our local Jeep dealer.  We discovered that the factory will not install both the light bar and heated leather seats!  The dealer offered to install the light bar at the dealership upon delivery.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, how did you overcome it??

The only reason we could think of is that the alternator isn't strong enough to run both the light bar and heated leather seats at the same time.  Does any one know if this is the case, or if it is something else (ie. not enough relay positions in the fuse box)?  If someone with an '05 or '06 Liberty doesn't mind, could you check and see if there is a position in either of the fuse boxes for both the heated seats as well as the light bar.

This seems very strange, and any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!  :)

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 09:45:21 PM »
i've got a friend with a '05 Libby. I'll take a look for you next time I see him.

Likely a power distro thing. I don't think a single device like a light bar or seat heaters would tap out the Alt. Likely small fuse distro.

m0th

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 06:15:53 PM »
The Renegade used to come with a heavy duty alternator (at least my 02 did), dunno if it still does though. 160amp vs 135 on the other models.