Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Slappymans '98 five niner.  (Read 4622 times)

Slappyman

Slappymans '98 five niner.
« on: March 09, 2010, 04:58:42 PM »
Im new to CJA froums so I will use this as an intro as well...Just got my first 4 lettered money vacuum about a year ago and knew I had to lift it and put some bigger tires.

My good friend has a 93ZJ with 4.5" lift and 31" tires, and it just wasnt quite enough for me... ;)  I knew what I was getting into and its still never preparation enough! 

I could get a BDS 4.5" lift locally for about $2800...I looked online and found a company called Iron Rock Offroad, who seemed like they made a decent product.  So I ordered a 7" critical path long arm kit for it, and once installed the factory drag link was too short and wasnt gonna work, so I also ordered their Over the knuckle steering kit.  For shoes I went with AEwheel series 185's and 33" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's.  Ive also added an after market transmission cooler.  All on top of a 1998 ZJ 5.9 Ltd.   

I am still planning to swap in an NP231 transfer case....and custom front and rear bumpers...but one thing at a time I guess....gotta let the Visa and the Wifey cool off a bit before I spend much more money!!   :D

Before:

After:

Offline Mikes off road

• Budget Lift
Re: Slappymans '98 five niner.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 08:54:53 PM »
Looking good
98 XJ Classic with a Fulltraction 6" lift 35" MTZ on Procomp rims. Locked front and rear with 4.56 gears. Warn bumber with 9000lb winch. Custom built rock rails, rear bumber with sotc, and skid plates.

Offline Crunch

• Budget Lift
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 09:02:13 PM »
Looks Great

2000 TJ 4" lift on  33's, 1" Body lift,Rear locker,Warn Front Bumper
12,000lb Titan Winch,Rough country Rock Crawler Rear Bumper
Custom made Rock Sliders By Brink

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 09:19:52 PM »
that is a sharp 'niner
love it. 

how do you like the IRO long arm?  how does it ride on the highway, etc? very driveable?
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

P-Dubb

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 09:24:15 PM »
wicked jeep man.. gotta love the zj's.

Slappyman

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 10:25:07 PM »
Thanks guys. 

It takes a 2 handed approach on the road...likes to wander a bit...wanna try a 33/10.5 and see if that helps...the Mickey's im running now are pretty wide and grab every little rut.

So as long as you are driving it and not staring at your passengers cleavage you wont have any trouble...the thing used to be really snaky until I got the front driveshaft installed...smartened it up quite a bit!   :o

Which reminds me...gotta remind the wife to quit wearing the low cut tops when riding shotgun.  :D

Hoping I can get a few more mods done so I can come to some of your open runs...I didnt build this Jeep to be a pavement princess  ;D

Offline cjust

• UberWheeler
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 02:36:24 PM »
I would trade a kidney for this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

Offline 94zjayltd

• Stocker
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 04:15:22 PM »
thats 1 sick jeep man! totally jelous ;)