Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Waytec's 95 XJ "Grumpy"  (Read 18028 times)

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
Re: Waytec's 95 XJ "Grumpy"
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2011, 03:40:46 PM »
Wow, this rig makes me really want to focus on doing more to my XJ.  Nice job!

I love that air intake.......
'00 XJ Classic, 3" OME lift, 32's, custom stereo.

Offline Vexta

• Stocker
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2011, 09:35:24 AM »
You make my XJ seem severely lacking in switches.  I like that intake... but I have some noob questions:

Are the vents really water tight?  (Heavy rain / car washes)

Any worry about the vents getting clogged with mud / ice?

Is it loud in the cabin?

Thanks!

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2011, 11:19:43 AM »
There are drains in the bottom of the vents and the only time you get water in the filter is when you hood is under two feet of water. Ask me how I know 8)

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2011, 12:29:39 AM »
There is drainages for water. If I am in a water hole that deep my computers are under water as well so sucking water is not a concern at that point. In the notes the kit said to clear snow from the vents before starting.

It is not any louder in the cab than normal. under heavy acceleration. I get a whistling nose coming from the glove box area but I am not concerned about it enough to pull it all apart to seal it.

The kit was real easy to put in the only thing is it did not give any direction on what to do with the vapour/bather tube from the fuel tank filter canister, if that all makes sense (I don't know what the thing is called) I cut it off and tied it down and the rocker cover vent line was to long so I shortened it. 

All the switches have a purpose and I have found they are in a very logical layout. the only ones not being used right now are the, Front locker - I don't have one yet , Wind shield lights will come with exo cage, and one rock light will come with exo as well.

The best switches I have ever done and will recommend to anyone is hard wire your winch into the rig. where mine is they are very easy to use. I set it up that the "winch" switch powers the "in and out" switch so I cannot accidently bump the winch when driving. this set up gives very accurate control and no delay unlike the remote control that warn has.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline kidl33t

• Stocker
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2011, 10:47:50 PM »
Sweet build thread.  I especially liked the switches.  I've seen so many poorly mounted. 

Offline rws

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Stump Grinder
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2011, 05:45:14 PM »
Lookin pretty good Aaron.

What kind of air system have you got? That looks like something I could use.   "home fab" or did you buy it?

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2011, 08:26:51 PM »
http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG.9945
Here is the web address for the site. I got mine through Bear so I did not have to pay the brokerage.

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »
The last time I was out(up that was a long time ago, I skidded along a rock face and turned my non folding mirrors into folding. 
I looked around for a cheap option and found aftermarket Yamaha R6 mirrors.
So some fab work was needed and they are on. I am hoping they rub off on the XJ a little and give her more speed on the hyw.
the old stock mirror off.

new bracket I made

mounted and silicone

Done