Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: ok fine, my YJ build.  (Read 4482 times)

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
ok fine, my YJ build.
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:14:45 PM »
to answer all those that have asked, here is where my YJ started. and where it is now.
i bought the jeep on halloween 2002. daily driver and weekend wheeler the whole time. it started with a 4.0L, ax-15, np231, 2.5" rancho lift, 4.10 gears, lock-rite in the rear dana 35, open up front in the dana 30, 33" goodyear mt/r's.  over the years i added a few widgets and what-not. but over all the jeep didnt change much. most of the upgrades were just maintaining what i had. which turned out to be, new engine in 2005, new to me trans in 2006, new springs in 2006, re-built rear end in 2008, updated front d30 parts 2008. but, alas, after a run-in with a mini-van(i won) the jeep was pulled out of daily driver duties. time for some TLC.
as it stands, the 4.0L is getting tuned up(possible stroker), the ax-15 rebuilt, atlas or stak, d60's, rear cherokee springs for stretch and sprung under(nnot sure if it will work) front yj springs under axle(not sure if it will work). plans are for 38"-40" radial Goodyear or somthing nice. and if all goes well, street legal...
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Shearcon79

• Budget Lift
Re: ok fine, my YJ build.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:38:10 PM »
Hey what are your d60's out of?
Green 94 4.0 YJ :
4.5" RE Extreme Duty
33x12.5 MTZ's on 15x8 Black Steelies
Tera-flex Super Short SYE
Drive Products CV Driveshaft
Swing-away Tire Carrier/Bumper/Hitch
Found D44's out of a Waggy...Just need to build them

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 08:03:55 PM »
Hey what are your d60's out of?

1978 ford 1 ton truck, single rear wheel.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 10:58:17 PM »
a few more pics recently. some progress on tear down. slow. very slow project. will get slower. but thats how life is.
axles disassembled, springs out. some parts sold, some parts still for sale, some parts tossed to the scrap heap in the sky. engine taken apart, found interesting cracks in mount boss, im going to try to fix it as im partial to this block, but if its a no-go then spare block on the way. some new parts coming in here and there. need to spend some money on this thing. get some fun stuff goin.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 03:25:40 PM »
Looking at the droop on the front end, I would definitely install some booms up front as well Eric.
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 05:37:02 PM »
yeah, when it sits with all the weight on it the front shackles point forward a little, but new spring packs with half inch longer boomerangs i figure will help with my insane flex. this thing should see at least 9" of travel! lmao! got i few stoopid ideas in my head im going to try out ;)
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 08:54:35 PM »
its been a long while since i updated this build. the jeep was put on the back-burner for a while. i had to move and bought my own place. the jeep has a bigger better home now. have had a chance to gather some parts too. heres a few pics. the engine still needs final assembly. the frame and tub. and the tires ill be running.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 08:13:51 PM »
ive been spending some time here and there with my money pit, errrr... jeep... so i removed the rear cross member and built my own out of 1/4" plate and angle. built my own shackle hangers out of 1/4" square and used some round tubing i found at PA for the bushings. spent too much time building them. just buy them, way easier and they arent expensive at all. i plan to brace the shackle hangers as well. maybe right across the whole thing. tacked on for now until im certain thats where they will stay. cut the rear shock mounts and track-bar mount off the frame. and found a nice rust hole under the shock mount. it was packed with mud so i was almost expecting it. holes arent big so shouldnt be too hard to fix them. got the tires all grooved-up. rotors and calipers test fit on rear dana 60. slow process but things are coming together. waiting on more parts.
YJ=Y’all Jealous