Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Nth Degree Mobility TJ Susp. and specialty parts.  (Read 4773 times)

Motion427

Nth Degree Mobility TJ Susp. and specialty parts.
« on: January 23, 2006, 12:21:24 PM »
Hi Alberta Jeepers,My name is Ron from Rog&Ron's at Shediac River N.B.
Just letting you know that we carry the Nth Degree Mobility Suspension lifts and specialty parts for 97 Up TJ and the new Unlimited.
Awesome ride and great off road capability.up to 21" of ground clearance at the t-case w/ 35" tires and 6" lift combo.
You can visit their website at http://www.nthdegreemobility.com/

You can also visit my website at
www.RogandRonsGarage.com

Feel free to E-mail me for more info

Thank You,and Happy Jeepin

Da_chopper

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 03:39:32 PM »
how much for their oil pan skid for a 2005 Rubicon?

Motion427

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 04:38:12 AM »
Would need to know if you have the Auto or manual for your 05,but they are both the same price.
$224.75

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 02:02:20 PM »
Ron, what size coils do Nth make? What color?
What are the prices on these sizes?
(To Calgary)
Thanks
Tom
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Da_chopper

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 06:02:25 PM »
Quote from: "Motion427"
Would need to know if you have the Auto or manual for your 05,but they are both the same price.
$224.75

manual. It that price shipped to my Alberta door, taxes in?

Motion427

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 06:20:18 PM »
To Spinalguy.
They have 3" and 4.5" lift coils.
Same $ for either set.
$478.50 for the front and rear,You can also buy them seperately,fronts or rear only.
They recently designed the 4.5" lift.
Here's an old copy&paste from the head chief on one of the Jeep forums.

Here is a post that Jim Frens (owner of Nth) posted on 1 of the forums.Just so you know,before Jim started Nth he was a Chrysler tech and actually worked on the development and design of the TJ.

To anyone interested in this topic. These are direct quotes

"Several Posters – regarding spring spacers vs. tall springs. If you consult SAE (that’s Society of Automotive Engineers in case some don’t know), there are many design standards published as technical papers that essentially are the ‘gospel’ of spring design used at the OEM’s (as we of course did at Jeep). One of the most important relevant issues here is what’s called the ‘slenderness ratio’ – that is the practical limit of how tall a loaded spring can be relative to it’s functional diameter (taken at center of the wire’s thickness)…any TJ front ‘lift spring’ that is over about +4” or so violates this ratio. What does it matter? It matters because it means that you encounter a limit on how soft you can make the spring before all it will want to do is buckle out to the side. Consequently, when we tested a bunch of competitor’s springs, we found that every front spring was too stiff for proper frequency tuning – all presumably because of this issue. Nth springs are designed based on frequency for best combination of ride and handling, and so we couldn’t accept this limitation…we get around it by using a shorter spring plus a spacer up front, but there’s much more to it than this…a shorter front spring is also part of the way to avoid any annoying ‘twangs’ from the front springs contacting the stock front bumpstop cups – the springs not only don’t want to buckle, they also don’t have 5 or six coil winds above the cup lip that have to pass it during droop travel. On our SA kits with the GyroJoints and the subframes they mount into, the rest of that solution comes from the flatter arm geometry that happens since the GJ is lower than the stock LCA bolt by 1.75” (but the bracket is only 1.0” lower than the stock bracket) – and this flatter front SLCA geometry along with the GJ is why our SA kits ride better than even a typical LA kit.

For those still reading at this point: We also use a shorter rear spring for coincidental reasons because it allowed us to design the rear spring relocation bracket (which is not an angle-cut spacer as someone speculated!). Here too, but opposite the front issues, all existing rear lift springs we tested were way way too soft versus what’s needed for proper ride and handling…the resulting frequency split between front and rear on several lift kits were absolutely comical…some where even NEGATIVE (rear frequency lower than front)…which explained why they floundered so badly in fast whoop-de-doos (frame-bending out-of-sync slams after only two or so whoops). The frequency split on our springs is actually nearly what Chrysler/Jeep wanted to get the stock vehicle to when doing the original TJ (I didn’t do the base TJ, but years later I did a 1-ton TJ for the Egyptian military and learned all about TJ springs and tuning them…see Nov ’02 Off-Road about page 4 if I remember right…there’s a picture of me driving TJL prototype #2 here in Nevada). The production TJs’ springs were changed to increase the frequency split for ’98, but have never reached the ideal target…but we’ve come as close as I felt I dared without making a ‘slot car’ out of a +6” lifted TJ (which just invites people to drive too fast and crash them!)….driving our springs both on-road and off will reveal a drastic difference from what everyone’s been used to

Motion427

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 06:32:32 PM »
For shipping,
the springs weight is 65lbs for 4.
As for the skid plate (for Da_chopper) is 14lbs.
Would have to check witch way would be easier and cheaper to get your parts in one piece.

for pricing, it's +tax
If you can give me your postal code(s),I'll be glad to check it out
Either UPS or EXpress post.

As for colour,it's a grey powder coat.

I got some pics of the long arm kit,(installed and at full flex)I can e-mail it to somebody so that they can post it here somewhere.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 08:14:25 PM »
Thanks for the info Ron.
i will get back to you later.
Tom :)
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline kevman

• Budget Lift
    • http://members.shaw.ca/thekevman
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 09:46:43 PM »
I must say all that Nth degree stuff looks real nice.  I'm a fan of their claimeed "engineered" approach.  If I was in the market for some quick disco's I might just have to try those out.

Just a little FYI, try DHL for shipping as well.  I had 5 steel wheels sent to me from NSOR and the shipping only cost $20.  Maybe it's a NSOR deal but I figure it's worth a shot to get a quote.
uh...
My shovels nicer!

Motion427

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 12:52:38 PM »
The NTh $$$$ just went down a bit.
Good news for everybody :D

Da_chopper

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 01:59:34 PM »
Could you pm me a TOTAL price please. My postal code is T6E1Y4. I would like the lowest price possible, i.e. I don't care how long it takes to get here,

Cheers

ps, does anyone else make an oil pan skit that rises with my engine?

Motion427

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 06:41:47 AM »
Rock-it oil pan guard is actually bonded to the oil pan with adhesive,
Don't knowhow long it would stay on in winter conditions,salt,etc....

Offline cablesmurf

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Relapsed Jeep Addict
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 10:17:14 AM »
Can you give me a quote for the 4 adjustable upper control arms please?

Thanks,

Dan
Hi, my name is Dan and I'm a Jeepaholic

Motion427

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2006, 03:27:02 PM »
You have mail.

Anybody need some more info on their long arm kit?
Go to your local newstand get a copy of the Four Wheeler magazine March 06, Old grey Blazer on the cover ,Page 78 to 85.Good info!

Motion427

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 04:04:05 PM »
Ordering either at the end of the week,or early next week,If anybody needs anything, PM or e-mail me.
Thanks
Ron