Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Bushman's XJ Build  (Read 7482 times)

Offline bushman67

• Budget Lift
  • "Alright, I've got four dollars, almost five"
Re: Bushman's XJ Build
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 08:37:30 PM »
found the knock..... odd that we could never locate the issue until it was quite pronounced, even though I had removed said problem a dozen times....

BRAKES, bolts slightly bent and slider bushings worn.
Economy has me demoted to "token photo-boy"

jgpoirier

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 11:18:30 PM »
After recently blowing the motor in my Durango out at Maclean, I picked up a 90 XJ from a buddy. Can't stand driving something so low and want to be back wheeling something after the winter. Would you recommend buying a kit or piecing a setup together like you have done?
Thanks,

Guy

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 12:28:57 AM »
As the guy who helped put this together and install it.    If you need it done in a fairly reasonable time frame... buy a kit.   Only do used/pieced together if you have the time and patience. 
Fug
TJ Rubicon

jgpoirier

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 12:48:19 AM »
Not to steal this thread, by any means, but on my Durango (obviously almost no aftermarket parts at all) I had to piece things together with chevy drop shackles and torsion twist and the 3'' bodylift. I just 5000k ago picked up a set of Dcepek 33x 12.5 and I love them. I'd like to run them on the cherokee, but it seems like so much lift needs to be acheived just to run 33's?? But I will say I am quite happy to be starting off with a SA to begin with. Excited for this change.
Thanks,

Guy