Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: TJ Doors Stuck...!!  (Read 870 times)

Offline scott slade

• UberWheeler
  • Amboy... Route 66
TJ Doors Stuck...!!
« on: May 21, 2010, 08:32:09 AM »
I know this is a minor if not silly tech question... I can't get the full size doors off my 05 TJ...!!!  The bolts are off the pins... tried the wiggle and extra lube ... can't get the to come up.  They open and close just fine.   I don't think the first owner ever had them off.  Any thoughts..?   help....   
2005 LJ, Six Speed,
 16" Moab Rims
HD Broadcast Video Production Unit

Offline GiS

• That CB Yapper
Re: TJ Doors Stuck...!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 08:47:29 AM »
If bolts are removed, continue to lift up while working the door back and forth...

I've used a 2x4 and hammer on the bottom of door to get it moving before but I doubt you wanna do that with your 2005 :)

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 08:49:47 AM »
If bolts are removed, continue to lift up while working the door back and forth...

I've used a 2x4 and hammer on the bottom of door to get it moving before but I doubt you wanna do that with your 2005 :)

everything can be fixed with a hammer eh Joe ;)

you can also use a jack and 2x4 and slowly lift it off the hinge; those silly TJs can be a pain first couple times doors are off.
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Evil-Jeep

• UberWheeler
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 10:34:53 AM »
It gets easier after the first couple times on and off....
My TJ doors lift off real easy now, I did soak the pins with penetrating Lube every day for at least 2 weeks straight before I got them off for the first time.
My Wife's JK... I got fed up and used a High-lift Jack with a piece of 2x4 to protect the metal... much easier. If you have a Jack use it to pop the doors from the hinges, if you don't have one... get one  ;D
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 06:49:46 PM »
I've got a 60" farm JACK  if you are in need....

Offline scott slade

• UberWheeler
  • Amboy... Route 66
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 07:34:55 PM »
Thanks.... I will start with the oil for a while... since the sun won't shine..>!!!!!!!   The jack is a good idea..  Thanks...... S
2005 LJ, Six Speed,
 16" Moab Rims
HD Broadcast Video Production Unit

Offline 2grand4u

• UberWheeler
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 02:26:38 PM »
I know this is a minor if not silly tech question... I can't get the full size doors off my 05 TJ...!!!  The bolts are off the pins... tried the wiggle and extra lube ... can't get the to come up.    They open and close just fine.   I don't think the first owner ever had them off.  Any thoughts..?   help....

lol ;D
2011 ford ranger going to get some love soon