4x4 Related Groups > Build Ups

Raf's XJ

(1/25) > >>

raf2379:
1999 Cherokee Sport auto
RE 3.5" superflex lift, on 31" Goodyear Territory rubber.
acos, RE shackles, rocky road outfitters OTT steering, drop brackets, brink fab bumper.

first the Rocky Roar Outfitters Over the top steering upgrade, it was a pain in the neck to install, nothing fit right, grinding and cutting and bashing required haha. it works ok, keeps everything out of harms way, better than stock.

This pic is after 3.5" RE lift and 32" procomp MT's

stock steering

bracket install

finished install

ACOS install gave me an added 1.5" of lift so i also had to add some RE shackles in the rear to level it all out

i've bought the bumper from someone a while back, had it installed for a few years, but had to redo the mounting brackets as ive almost tore my steering box out on the last trip out.

i have re-inforced the frame with the JKS steering brace, cut new mounts out of 1/4" plate, cut old ones off, re-welded and cut off a few inches from the bumper so that is does not stick out like bubba gump lip.

more to come

raf2379:
Well, time to get the old RE lift off and build some long arms. Started with fabing up a cross member out of 5x2x1/4" square tube and some 1/4" plate

Frame mount

x-member which will be welded to the frame mounts tommorow.

raf2379:
got a little bit more done on the cross member

raf2379:
Got it all welded up and bolted up, now just need to fab up the mounts for the control arms to the cross member and make the middle section of the cross member removable, so that the t-case can be removed without disconecting the long arms.

Tyn Pow:
Looking good man, nice work.  I was wondering what your plans for the x-member were.

What's the plan - radius arms, 3 link or 4 link?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version