Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Any new projects!? Lets get something going for July 24th / 25th!  (Read 18293 times)

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
Hey Guys,

I was at the meet and greet last night at Timmie's with Rich99 and Offroadnewbie, and of course quite a few other guys from the forum and it came up in conversation that nothing has really been updated in this section! It definitely seemed that there was a few of us last night that would really like to get out and get something done for the good of the club, but there seems to be nothing new  posted in here. There has to be something we can all pitch in to do for the good of our sport, and to help sustain McLean, and therefore id like to volunteer my time for the weekend of July 24th and 25th. Can we come with a group project for this weekend? Some suggestions from last night were possibly going out to drain some of the really bad mud holes, or even fix portions of the fence. Even if we all go out to have a ride, and clean up garbage along the way, Id be up for putting my back into this for the good of the sport. Lets get something going here! I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be able to put in a few hours that weekend to help out!

Also, on a side note, if you haven't yet been to one of the Sunday Meet and Greets started by Rich99, your really missing out ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 11:41:12 AM by tliguana »
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline BlackAura

• Budget Lift
  • 2003 TJ Rubicon (Stock)
Re: Any new projects!? Lets get something going for the 24th / 25th!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 01:43:52 PM »
I'm also interested in doing a project.....but I'm not sure if I'm free the 24th.  I'd prefer the 25th.

If it's a whole weekend thing, I'll see what I can do....should be able to free it up :)
BlackAura (Kevin)
Migrated to Seattle for a while.

Offline Rubibago

• Baby Wheeler
  • Jack Stands......saving trails everyday.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 01:52:56 PM »
I have a strong back and a weak mind and would love to spend a day doing some real work.

I can make it both days.

D
'98 TJ Sahara (Sorta)
'09 Rubibago

O|||||||O

Pain Killers, not just for fun anymore.

Offline jeeptastic

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 02:14:10 PM »
I would be interested in helping out that weekend as well. I would be able to attend one of the two days as I bought my first house and my move in date is that weekend.

Offline Pookapotamus

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 02:54:57 PM »
i will probably get roasted for this but what about a drainage weekend? what i mean is go around mclean and find those problem areas that have huge mud hols that just need some quick drainage and clean them up? this would be quick and easy to organize and have lots of wheeling!

Pook

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 03:11:38 PM »
sounds like you guys just made your own trail project.....................
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Rubibago

• Baby Wheeler
  • Jack Stands......saving trails everyday.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 03:20:50 PM »
Drainage weekend.....sounds like something you do after the stampede.

I am in.
'98 TJ Sahara (Sorta)
'09 Rubibago

O|||||||O

Pain Killers, not just for fun anymore.

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 03:21:38 PM »
I'm game for that Pook! BTW, I'm sure i just drove past your XJ but you weren't driving it... ;) Better have a look outside and make sure its still there! As for the drainage project, lets do it! Would you be able to lead a trail so we don't get lost in the process? Looks like Sunday would be the best day for a few other people as well, so why don't we set up for then! JohnnyC is right, it does look like we have a project here now!

:D

I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline Slewfoot

• UberWheeler
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 04:09:41 PM »
Hey, I'd be up for a drainage party too :)
2006 Rubicon LJ (Unlimited) Mostly Stock

Offline OffRoadNewbie

• UberWheeler
  • I Blame Keith !!
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 04:21:07 PM »
i will probably get roasted for this but what about a drainage weekend? what i mean is go around mclean and find those problem areas that have huge mud hols that just need some quick drainage and clean them up? this would be quick and easy to organize and have lots of wheeling!

Pook

NOT FAIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Pook they are ALL Big Mud holes where YOU are concerned  ;)
2006 TJ its Green !! ;)
With A BIG dent in the door......

Offline OffRoadNewbie

• UberWheeler
  • I Blame Keith !!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 04:23:15 PM »
oh yeah im up for this too  ;D
2006 TJ its Green !! ;)

Offline Pookapotamus

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 05:27:38 PM »
@ simon, that was my wife driving.

@ kyle, faw-q!

unfortunatly i have a leaky wheel seal and wont take the xj on the trail while i am leaking oil all over the place so i wont be on the trail untill i get this fixed. just dont know when i will have the time to fix it.

i would totaly like to lead a drainage project as soon as the xj is fixed!

Pook

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 05:39:20 PM »
Awesome Pook!! Well if not for that Sunday, maybe we can drag you out shotgun in another jeep! I guess ill use this same post to ask Kyle if he wants to help lead if your XJ isnt up to working... I know the feeling ;) I still have to fix my steering...  ::)

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline Rich99

• Budget Lift
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 05:57:21 PM »

Pook

I am in too... looking for my shovel and spade... can we get some hammers and staples as well and fix any broken fence we find along the way?
Rich.

Offline OffRoadNewbie

• UberWheeler
  • I Blame Keith !!
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 06:00:55 PM »
yeah i ll help out where ever needed !!
2006 TJ its Green !! ;)