Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Shake at 80kph  (Read 1021 times)

Offline getdirty

• Stocker
Shake at 80kph
« on: July 22, 2010, 07:26:09 AM »
Hi guys, i need some advise for my 08 jk. I  ran over a big rock at around 140kph. Now it starts to shake even just driving here in the city.
Is it just alignment problem or could be more? Im also wondering if i can apply the warranty for this problem.  :-\

Thanks.

Offline getdirty

• Stocker
Re: Shake at 80kph
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 08:17:51 AM »
i was on my way to edmonton, i dont know but seems like every car was on that avg speed that time and some car were really going faster.

ok  ill see if tire swap will work and take the vibes. would you recommend  wheel alignment?

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 08:19:35 AM »
Do one thing at a time otherwise you won't know what the real issue is.
04 TJ Rubi

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 01:35:06 PM »
i was on my way to edmonton, i dont know but seems like every car was on that avg speed that time and some car were really going faster.

ok  ill see if tire swap will work and take the vibes. would you recommend  wheel alignment?

There's nothing wrong with running on the 2 at 110, or maybe 115/118. There's this nice big wide lane on the left hand side fr people to go around you while giving you the finger :)
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 04:01:41 PM »
Hi guys, i need some advise for my 08 jk. I  ran over a big rock at around 140kph. Now it starts to shake even just driving here in the city.
Is it just alignment problem or could be more? Im also wondering if i can apply the warranty for this problem.  :-\

Thanks.

i didn't know jeeps can go that fast!

why not take it to a dealership? 08 = warranty doesn't it?  i mean you were driving on the highway, not a trail.
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline apeman

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not as grumpy
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 04:19:01 PM »
Just a note..i wasnt the original poster of the comments above...i only have 1 kid and i do actually drive in the slow lane lol...please delete the above post...as for the fix, warranty fixes all..johnny c had the right idea!
Getting grumpier every day.
99 XJ - It's got sum stuff ,Noel free stuff..
98 ZJ - It's just ugly, but bigger than your Rubi

Offline getdirty

• Stocker
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »
Thanks for the advise guys! Ok ill slow down a lil bit now. Lesson learned. :P