4x4 Related Groups > Tech Talk

2.5 distributor

(1/2) > >>

TJ54:
On my 4 banger TJ the distributer cap has a vent on the top, Can I plug the hole, It has let water in several times now.
I have never seen a vent on a cap before and I don't know why it is there. I could run a vent line to somewhere dry, but it would be easier to plug it.
TIA

Ian

henry:
Ian,

Why don't you get off your wallet and buy a new distributor cap!! :lol:  :lol: That way, you will know for sure and keep your old cap as a spare.

Darren

TJ54:
Okay. So I stopped off and picked up a new cap from NAPA. It also has a vent in it, although it was a slightly different design so it should not let in as much moisture,

But I still don't understand why there is a vent in the cap  :?
The guys at the store did not know either, the best guess was to stop condensation.
I may just block off the vent and see what happens,. As I have had to remove and dry out the cap several times on  the trail now.

TJ54:
Here is a pic of the new cap, you can see the vent on the top of the cap. I took off the little rubber cap that goes on the vent. It is in the pic too

youngen18:
your not the only one.  whos havin issue with that vent  :(

kinda sucks when this happens on the trails. Keep us updated if u find a good fix for it :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version