Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: What's involved in a trail cleanup?  (Read 2404 times)

Offline redbull

• UberWheeler
What's involved in a trail cleanup?
« on: June 09, 2005, 10:17:25 AM »
You've probably guessed from my posts that I'm new to the 4x4 sport. I'm reading lots about various trail cleanups and I'm just wondering what's involved? General garbage pickup, or do you actually head out with shovels and fill in ruts? I remember the cleanup thread on the old forum where guys pulled out abandoned vehicles too.

Mikey_likes_it

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 02:08:46 PM »
yes and all of the above ...
as an organizor for several past Clean-ups and V-days I want to state that projects do not stop there.... The AURS is a fantastic stewardship organization ....past projects include ...but not limited to, Garbage duty,  H2O Divertion, Reforestation, Area reclaimation, Fencing, Bridge building and repair, ...the list goes on and on .......  If you use Maclean Creek OHV area then I encourage you to go to the V-day event on June 18.

Offline redbull

• UberWheeler
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 04:50:18 PM »
Thanks for the info. I haven't yet been to Maclean Creek, most of my wheeling has been in Sask or in Gravel Pits. I'll definitely pitch in once my Jeep is ready.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 09:33:33 AM »
We do not need you in a jeep to pitch in. Any vehicle that gets you out to the main staging area is all you need...2wd works just fine.
What we need is you out there. Bring a pick and shovel.
Thanks
Tom :)
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.