Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Someone needs lessons  (Read 6658 times)

Offline vantagetes

• That CB Yapper
  • Edmonton Trail Rated
Someone needs lessons
« on: October 02, 2010, 11:20:52 PM »
Next time you wanna check your RTI try to pick somewhere you won't back up traffic, and maybe take the jeep off the trailer first???

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: Someone needs lessons
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 08:37:10 PM »
Plus, you should air down your left front and right rear tires too  ???
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 08:42:27 PM »
I was caught in this mess too.... Way to go guy! Backed up right to deerfoot!

On the good side, jeep looked fine. But how the h*ll do you rear end your own trailer???

Offline Timok

• Winch Wench
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 10:10:16 PM »
Speaking as someone who is usually the 3rd on the scene of an accident (after police and EMS), you'd be surprised at what people can accomplish when they put their minds to it...

Rear-ending their own trailer? Mere child's play.

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 08:11:55 AM »
from what ive heard the red chevy towing the trailer got trailer sway and hit the wall which jackknifed the trailer and it went up and over the box of the truck
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 10:42:16 AM »
Thats why chevy's make such poor tow vehicles!  ;)

Trailer sway in an 80km/hr zone, ouch, talk about the tail wagging the dog. I'm no towing expert, but if one gets sway that slow, there are other issues at hand.
At least the jeep stayed put on the trailer, cause if it got launched forwards or into the oncoming lanes, wow, that would have gotten real ugly, real fast.

Thankfully no one was hurt.
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

Offline Rubiclone

• Winch Wench
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 01:19:23 PM »
For all who descided to make fun of this situation.....
It was a good friend of mine, who's trailer broke at the tounge. Cause him to roll his truck 3 times and luckily he is ok.
Sorry for all the inconvenience it may have cause you on your Saturday drive on Deerfoot.

Just so you know he was testing out a trailer that he wanted to buy, and was on his way to Mclean I doubt it it due to lack of experience.

He is lucky he didn't end up seriously hurt or dead. Maybe you should be asking how he is, not how far he ramped it or that chevy's make bad tow vehicles. I am upset with the way you all had to make fun of this.

I think next time maybe you should all find a different topic to make fun of please
Lose yourself in nature, and find yourself at home.

05 TJ,  RE 3.5" super flex lift with a 3" body lift, 33's on pro comp wheels, LP8500 super winch sitting on a smittybilt XRC stinger bumper , cat back exhaust. And some mud on my dash

Offline vantagetes

• That CB Yapper
  • Edmonton Trail Rated
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 07:53:14 PM »
Hey now if you can't laugh when life throws you lemons, what's the point really?

We're all glad everyones ok, otherwise it wouldn't of gotten posted.

Here's a boo boo one of my rockstars had on sunday morning. My driver put one set of tires up on a previous dump and failed the RTI. I just held a safety meeting telling them to watch both their mirrors while backing up too..

That's me on the back waiting to hook up the cable :D

Offline Rubiclone

• Winch Wench
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 08:23:07 PM »
Did you know everyone was ok??

And honestly I don't laugh at my friends when they get in serious accidents. And seeing how your crew were in a controlled situation not going 80kmh and flipping 3 times, it is easy to laugh at ones stupidity...

And FYI, the trailer didn't run over the box of the truck, the truck flipped 3 times after hitting the guard rail and went airborne OVER the trailer.

I think its best you just leave it alone. And seriously would ANY of you say anything so rude if it was family or friends.

Thank you
Lose yourself in nature, and find yourself at home.

05 TJ,  RE 3.5" super flex lift with a 3" body lift, 33's on pro comp wheels, LP8500 super winch sitting on a smittybilt XRC stinger bumper , cat back exhaust. And some mud on my dash

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 08:35:06 PM »

I guess that will teach you for using Deere equipment. ;D

Offline vantagetes

• That CB Yapper
  • Edmonton Trail Rated
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 08:50:36 PM »

Yar, I got the picture from a first responder who wouldn't send it to me if everyone wasn't ok.

Sorry you're upset.

WhiteOut:
Truck's a Cat, rescue machine was a Deere. I got that awesome hat by knowing Finning was coming out to my site and digging out my Brandt hat. They hate that thing and give me a new Cat one every time :D

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 09:16:02 PM »

And honestly I don't laugh at my friends when they get in serious accidents. And seeing how your crew were in a controlled situation not going 80kmh and flipping 3 times, it is easy to laugh at ones stupidity...

And FYI, the trailer didn't run over the box of the truck, the truck flipped 3 times after hitting the guard rail and went airborne OVER the trailer.

I think its best you just leave it alone. And seriously would ANY of you say anything so rude if it was family or friends.

Thank you

EASY....Chill out sister.. no one is making fun of your friend here. No one is making personal attack to your friend. Why do you feel attacked? The driver is ok ... who knew that he flipped 3 times. I just see a jeep that looks like he's trying to ramp the median. I think it's unsusual and it would make me turn my head ...that's for sure.

Don't make this such a big deal. No one is laughing at any your bud because he got in an accident or hurt. You are totally taking this the wrong way. 

Buddy was just making a comment on the internet because there was a big rocus and the Jeep was still intact. That's all I see it.

People here are laughing at Chevies or at the Jeep ramping ...defitely not at the people involve in the accident.

Perception is a funny thing on the web...  please don't be upset..  no one is making fun of the actual guy getting hurt here....

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »

Just so you know he was testing out a trailer that he wanted to buy

So..... did he buy the trailer?
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 07:18:01 AM »
So..... did he buy the trailer?

... at a good price?
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306