Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Someone needs lessons  (Read 6677 times)

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Someone needs lessons
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 08:17:22 AM »
So..... did he buy the trailer?

The tongue broke, not gonna buy that except as a part out.

Offline parabs

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 08:57:58 AM »
So..... did he buy the trailer?

That is an incredible post!
2000 TJ Sahara - Sold
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Bassani Exhaust
2007 Harley Davidson F150 - Nothing to note.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 10:00:54 AM »
The tongue broke, not gonna buy that except as a part out.

Might have gotten a good deal. Weld up the tongue... inspected, good to go.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 01:40:19 PM »
For all who descided to make fun of this situation.....
It was a good friend of mine, who's trailer broke at the tounge. Cause him to roll his truck 3 times and luckily he is ok.
Sorry for all the inconvenience it may have cause you on your Saturday drive on Deerfoot.

Just so you know he was testing out a trailer that he wanted to buy, and was on his way to Mclean I doubt it it due to lack of experience.

He is lucky he didn't end up seriously hurt or dead. Maybe you should be asking how he is, not how far he ramped it or that chevy's make bad tow vehicles. I am upset with the way you all had to make fun of this.

I think next time maybe you should all find a different topic to make fun of please

Why would anyone here be concerned with how your friend is?

Should we be concerned for every person involved in a motorvehicle accident?

The only thing that concerns me is that there are people out there loading jeeps improperly on junk trailers and having wrecks in the middle of town. Thus making us all look like idiots.

Im glad your friend is ok.

I also hope he has learned how to properly load jeep since the accident, and I hope he learned to take a little harder look at the next trailer he considers buying.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 03:35:25 PM »
i believe damaged good in the store ussualy got for 50% off so he should get at least that .

as for buddy getting all upset about the picture being posted .. maybe you should yell at the news channels to when they show all the accidents on TV

get over it your buddys fine and alive

one thing you must learn to except is   crap HAPPENS    

« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:21:59 PM by mrjeep4 »
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 11:08:28 AM »
I just want to know if he's replacing it with a Chev.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline vantagetes

• That CB Yapper
  • Edmonton Trail Rated
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 11:28:58 PM »
The only thing that concerns me is that there are people out there loading jeeps improperly on junk trailers and having wrecks in the middle of town. Thus making us all look like idiots.

I also hope he has learned how to properly load jeep since the accident, and I hope he learned to take a little harder look at the next trailer he considers buying.

Well the fact that it's up on the jersey barrier and still very much secured to the trailer means it was tied down decently, weither or not it was balanced right is another question. That and even if the weight was spread correctly is that trailer/tongue/reciever rated for that much weight???? Probably not...

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 01:15:33 AM »
is this one of the rules of thumb 

like your winch should be good to pull at least twice your weight of the truck

maybe trailer should be good to carry at least twice the weight of your truck/toy
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer