Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Mclean Saturday OCT 16  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Mud

• Budget Lift
  • Chad
Mclean Saturday OCT 16
« on: October 14, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »
I am wondering if anyone wants to meet at the Mclean store around 10 Saturday morning? I've causually been out there a few times but i'd love for someone who knows where they're going to show me around a bit. I'd prefer something with a bit of a challenge as well. 

TJ, 35s, own recovery gear, rear tow point, and winch.
JKU-R, RK 5.5 Lift, 36" IROK, WARN 8274,  CB, Genright tire carrier, Poison Spyder Armor, Warn Bumper, Viair
RIP 2001 Orange TJ

Offline Mud

• Budget Lift
  • Chad
Re: Mclean Saturday OCT 16
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 08:49:08 AM »
Still going. Beat at the store around 10, then to FIsh East if anyone is thinking about it.
JKU-R, RK 5.5 Lift, 36" IROK, WARN 8274,  CB, Genright tire carrier, Poison Spyder Armor, Warn Bumper, Viair
RIP 2001 Orange TJ

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 08:59:09 AM »
I would encourage you to try something other than Fisher East if you're running solo.

Fisher East has a lot of deep holes, and it'll probably be faily wet after yesterday's snow. If you aren't able to get un-stuck or you happen to have something break on you, it's a long hike from many parts of Fisher East out to the road.  ???
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 01:11:01 PM »
I would not be runnin fisher east we did it last weekend and the holes are deep the mud is thick and it is wet everywhere plus theres already a ford stuck back there dont need a jeep too
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline Mud

• Budget Lift
  • Chad
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 08:52:05 PM »
Thanks guys for the input -  too bad I  didn't get the sound advice until today! I made it down Fish East quite a ways with a lot of winching before turning around. A great time nonetheless! The snow and inch of ice in the water made things interesting... 
RIP 2001 Orange TJ