Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Stupid ZJ body cladding  (Read 3424 times)

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
Stupid ZJ body cladding
« on: October 30, 2010, 12:25:18 AM »
I probable shouldn't have taken the first piece off to see how much rust was probably underneath, but I did.

So I got rid of the rust

Now to find some replacement pieces. Was thinking possibly 4x4 tube, but I'll have to go through the metal racks and see if anything else catches my eye. But after the rockers are replaced I should be able to continue with tube fenders.

PS. If your truck nuts aren't gay enough and you're looking for more, but don't have a box to put stacks in, this might be an option

;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:27:33 AM by esi »
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Stupid ZJ body cladding
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 08:05:54 AM »
I,m doing the same thing on my xj right now , still waiting for floor pans that i ordered a couple of weeks a go .  Those exhaust tips should go on the roof   ;D   

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 06:32:19 PM »
dale, i hit my head on the body moulding the other day when changing tranny fluid......... and the cladding came off. there was NO rocker there at all. i'll take pics.......... so, let me know how  yours are to fix....... cause mine need it too
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 08:07:19 PM »
dale, i hit my head on the body moulding the other day when changing tranny fluid......... and the cladding came off. there was NO rocker there at all. i'll take pics.......... so, let me know how  yours are to fix....... cause mine need it too

Johnny, when you hit a vehicle with something as large and solid as your cranium you gotta expect that there's gonna be some serious damage.

Pot, this is kettle.   ;)
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »
Hmm this is been on my list for over a year now for my ZJ. Do you have a tube bender for doing the tube fenders? I might be interested in buying some bent tube off of you to do my fenders.....

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline CatSplat

• Budget Lift
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 10:18:28 AM »
A guy on JF did this a few days ago, 4X4 + tube. Beefy as all hell.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/rocker-replacement-write-up-1120099/
Jeep of Theseus

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 03:17:23 PM »
I have a old PA type bender that I use. Doesn't work to badly, but I also fill the tube with sand before bending. I'm hoping to pick away at it and try to have something done for the rockers in a week or so. I already a front tube fender bent, but had nowhere to even tack it to with the rockers/fenders so F'ed. I'll try to take some picks as I go and post them up.
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.