Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Xmas Toy Drive  (Read 5791 times)

Offline apeman

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not as grumpy
Xmas Toy Drive
« on: November 13, 2010, 09:19:10 PM »
Since i have been a part of the CJA, and other wheeling clubs like the FWS.., there has been an xmas toy drive....basically meet at bowness park, have some hot chocolate and hot dogs for the kids ( and the adults) free range bacon for ahem, a few of the members..lol...and a donation of a gift or money to the Alberta Childrens Hospital, and a convoy of rigs to deliver what we came up with..call it a parade of charity if you will.
This year it appears to be cancelled.
I have spent time in this hospital while my son was there, and while they [rovide them with alot of what kids would want, it's not christmas at home.
Im  calling all of you out on this..im going to revive the toy drive.
Myself and some other are going to arrange the toy drive for SATURDAY ..DECEMBER 11TH....9Am Bowness as always..hot dogs and hot chocolates/coffee to be provided..
.More details will follow..but so far we have agreements with some local businesses for toy donations, visits from the Calgary Flames, and Stampeders, and representation from the Calgary Sun. Working on Timmy's for coffee and hot choc's...heck, even if i have to pay for it..
Not only does this mean alot to the kids, but it represents a huge step up for the club.
Im not a member of this club anymore, but i want this tradititon to continue.
If you want to help out, pm me, if you are in be there.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 12:14:32 AM by apeman »
Getting grumpier every day.
99 XJ - It's got sum stuff ,Noel free stuff..
98 ZJ - It's just ugly, but bigger than your Rubi

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
Re: Xmas Toy Drive
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 09:24:26 PM »
That's the CJA winter camp out weekend, is there another weekend that might work?
I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

Offline apeman

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not as grumpy
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
yes Mike...i just saw that...god forbid we interrupt the CJA camping...usually there is an open run follwed by members only camping but i will talk to everyone i have already gone to for donations and time...Thanks for not thinking of yourselves on this one.

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 09:51:19 PM »
You could have consulted with some of the members before organizing this and trying to guilt us in to participating.  More than happy to help out, just not that weekend.

Jamey

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:52:07 PM »
I think that I speak for the majority of the CJA members when I say that we heartily support the toy drive, and want to see it as successful as possible. If the 4WS are not going to run it this year, I think that it would be a great idea for the CJA to take the proverbial helm. If that's going to happen, I'd like to see it being as successful as possible.

One element contributing to success would be a large turnout. In order to get that large turnout, I think that it would be in everyone's best interest to schedule the toy run so that it doesn't conflict with other events that may have been scheduled a month or two ago.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 09:54:00 PM »
I truly appreciate you taking action on this important event Apeman, but I think you do need coordinate this with executive of this club before you start stating when and where this will happen.  

My son has also spent time at Childrens. I personnal think this is great cause. I am there.  JohnnyC and I have been taking about this are very interested about coordinating this.  We'd like to see this as a CJA event rather than an Apeman event.  I think the executive of this club would like to be involved in making this happen with your help.  

The camping event was posted LONG before YOU decided to make the CJA host this.  And WE WILL make this happen, as a club!  I would ask that you please contact a member of the current executive so we can start organizing this yearly important cause.
04 TJ Rubi

Offline homeguy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 10:08:15 PM »
I'm not a member of the CJA Club, but certainly would give a hand for the Christmas toy drive.

Steve
2010 Mountain Edition, ARB front and rear diff covers, BFG AT's, Vision X Solstice XILS4102 & Solo's, S-Pod switch bezel, K&N drop in filter, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Poison Spyder front bumper, OME 2" lift, Rigid Industries Dually's & D2's, M8000

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 10:10:43 PM »
And Apeman, I'm not trying to start something on the board.  I can tell you are passionate about this and I respect that.  I have PM'd you so we can start corridinating this further.

Let's make this happen!!!

Cheers!     ;D
04 TJ Rubi

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 10:17:55 PM »
Im in bud.

Offline apeman

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not as grumpy
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 10:46:04 PM »
Heads up everyone..I don't view the calendar..I'm arranging for the 11th of dec...thank you kevin and w squared. And to everyone willing to lend a hand or even show for the run.

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 10:57:12 PM »
Thanks, I'll be there.

Offline BrokenAxle

• That CB Yapper
    • Broken Axle home page
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 11:44:06 PM »
I will do what I can to help!  As a father to 3.5, 2 of which have spent some time at the childrens, this is a very worthy cause.  Whoever is organizing this (Apeman?) shoot me a pm and we can discuss how I can help be it a donation or volunteer my time!

Offline apeman

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not as grumpy
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 12:15:58 AM »
Updated...with  date and info...lets make this happen.

Offline vantagetes

• That CB Yapper
  • Edmonton Trail Rated
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 12:36:33 AM »
Ffffuuuuuuuuu everythings always on Saturdays (work saturdays and since I'm the foreman it's damn near impossible to not be on site).

I'll see how the job is going closer to the date, I really wanna be part of this. May be able to have another foreman cover or something.

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 05:07:01 AM »
Ill be there Aaron
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers