Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: hello SNOW!!  (Read 9578 times)

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
hello SNOW!!
« on: November 16, 2010, 12:55:39 AM »
time to have the recovery stuff ready to go
yippy!!
97 Red XJ, 4.5", 31" mud's, ARB front, 9500lb winch, bushwhacker's, warn sliders, HnT SYE and CV drive shaft - written off and sold for parts :(

Offline T-BOAN

• Baby Wheeler
  • I drive a Liberty. No. I am not a woman.
Re: hello SNOW!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 01:57:52 AM »
Ok? So is there tech somewhere in this post?
My grandma hasn't been helping me out as much as she used to

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 08:25:02 AM »
Sections of the Deerfoot were just plain ugly icy this morning. The guy in front of me coming over the Calf Robe bridge was driving appropriately for the conditions (about 15 kph), and his truck was still sliding sideways on the ice. I will say that most of the people that were out there this morning seemed to be driving with a fair amount of intelligence - taking it easy, allowing extra space, and with one or two exceptions they were also not over-reacting to the conditions.

I guess the real test will be the trek back into town this evening.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 08:49:58 AM »
ya it was a great commute.  left the house at 7... just rolling in....... considering i' mgoing from EVERGREEN TO CHINOOK, i think thats a little bit of a commute..
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 09:03:35 AM »
ya it was a great commute.  left the house at 7... just rolling in....... considering i' mgoing from EVERGREEN TO CHINOOK, i think thats a little bit of a commute..

Did you have it in 4x4 or did you tough it out in 2wd?   ::)
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 09:06:16 AM »
i was in 4wd because i drive a grand and its cool ;)  i may, or may not have been drift bashing around Evergreen for a while............ ;)

mcleod was so slow you didn't need any type of traction aid ;)

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 09:32:08 AM »
thankd for moving this fug, late sleeepless night makes odd mistakes
97 Red XJ, 4.5", 31" mud's, ARB front, 9500lb winch, bushwhacker's, warn sliders, HnT SYE and CV drive shaft - written off and sold for parts :(

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 09:59:49 AM »
40 minutes from Rockyview to the Uni. Saw a BMW going 10kph on summers with the 4 ways on. ::)

Offline homeguy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 10:06:04 AM »
40 minutes from Rockyview to the Uni. Saw a BMW going 10kph on summers with the 4 ways on. ::)

My buddy pushed his time on the summer tires last year... well it snow when we were at work... he said it was the scariest drive home he'd ever had.  Winter tires went on that night.  ;D
2010 Mountain Edition, ARB front and rear diff covers, BFG AT's, Vision X Solstice XILS4102 & Solo's, S-Pod switch bezel, K&N drop in filter, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Poison Spyder front bumper, OME 2" lift, Rigid Industries Dually's & D2's, M8000

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 11:45:23 AM »
People who live in Calgary that still have their summer tires on in November should be forced to talk to work. Barefoot. IF someone's winter driving skills are so bad that they can only manage 10 KPH, then they should call a cab.

If your all-seasons are good enough to use all winter, then it is what it is - but if somebody owns winter tires and has just procrastinated for the past month and a half, then they're putting other drivers at risk through their own stupidity.

I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline BlackAura

• Budget Lift
  • 2003 TJ Rubicon (Stock)
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »
Not bad for my first snow day with the Jeep!

Little squirrelly in 2hi on the community streets (I only drove 10 meters from my house and the back end was all over the place), so I put it in 4hi.  Popped her back into 2hi at the first main road and she made it the rest of the way to work no problem.

My winter tires should be in Weds or Thurs, hopefully the shop can mount them this week.
BlackAura (Kevin)
Migrated to Seattle for a while.

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 02:21:09 PM »
Black Aura, were you on Crowchild this morning? Had a guy in a Rubi just like yours wave.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:24:12 PM by WhiteOut »

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 03:09:29 PM »
My winter tires should be in Weds or Thurs, hopefully the shop can mount them this week.

If you're still looking at getting the Duratracs and then studding them, I think you'll be very happy with the result. Mine worked like a charm this morning.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 03:20:34 PM »
If you're still looking at getting the Duratracs and then studding them, I think you'll be very happy with the result. Mine worked like a charm this morning.

so did my BFGs ;)

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 03:32:57 PM »
so did my BFGs ;)

The new Nitto highway terrain my boss decided everyone should have suck.
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.