Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Trxus MT. Please vote for tall skinny and/or tall medium sizes you want.  (Read 9871 times)

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: Trxus MT. Please vote for tall skinny and/or tall medium sizes you want.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 03:50:19 PM »
I have an issue when the burger I eat is less heavy then the amount of lead that I have to put on one tire to balance them.

I like big fat burgers  ;D but I have not had a 32OZ burger....yet ::)

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 03:59:38 PM »
I must have missed something in the title of the thread. I didn't see requests for another tire comparison discusion for make and model of tires. I saw a person get on here and start a specific tire make and model inquiry to take to the manufacturer for various sizes for those that do like and run these tries.

I know I could never be half the 4 wheeler that you all might be but I have gone through the odd set of tire over the years and know what has worked very well for myself.

One day I'll be a wheeler like you all and I'll move up to a tire that YOU like.

By the way, I'll have these ones up for sale before they wear out so I cna replace them with another set of the same.

Thanks

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 09:39:05 PM »
I must have missed something in the title of the thread. I didn't see requests for another tire comparison discusion for make and model of tires. I saw a person get on here and start a specific tire make and model inquiry to take to the manufacturer for various sizes for those that do like and run these tries.

I know I could never be half the 4 wheeler that you all might be but I have gone through the odd set of tire over the years and know what has worked very well for myself.

One day I'll be a wheeler like you all and I'll move up to a tire that YOU like.

By the way, I'll have these ones up for sale before they wear out so I cna replace them with another set of the same.

Thanks

A new reply. The old one is in your Inbox.

Fair enuff. 
The thread derailed, but it is officially Winter and i do believe that off topic of the topic is allowed. :)

What size do i want to see in Truxs?
.bacon

sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Rich99

• Budget Lift
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 11:19:12 PM »
I have an issue when the burger I eat is less heavy then the amount of lead that I have to put on one tire to balance them.

I like big fat burgers  ;D but I have not had a 32OZ burger....yet ::)

Do you want bacon with that?
Rich.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 07:12:29 AM »
I say we build a robot out of Toyo MT's, and a cyborg out of various Interco tires...and make them fight in a steel cage match.

If the Interco cyborg wins, we will all run Thornbirds for one year. If the Toyo robot wins, we'll just keep doing what we're doing here at the CJA (Calgary Jeepwithtoyos Association).
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 08:42:20 AM »
are all interco tires considered bad? ive never ran interco trxus MT's, but that was the tire sugested by national when i first got my jeep 5 years ago.

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 09:13:52 AM »
That is what National suggested for me as well and what I got. 

To Nationals credit, they have been great about balancing and rebalancing the Trxus  for me.  I haven't had the side wall issues (yet) that others have said.   That could be that mine are E rated (16" rim) while the more common 15" rim is C rated. 

The amount of weights needed to balance is crazy.  I've been learning to live the shimmies and shakes at certain speeds but I'm getting concerned with what all that shaking is doing to the jeep...

They have worn down quickly on the road.  They have have performed well enough but I've seen other tires perform better. 

I will be swapping them in the new year for something else.
04 TJ Rubi

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2010, 12:22:48 PM »
are all interco tires considered bad? ive never ran interco trxus MT's, but that was the tire sugested by national when i first got my jeep 5 years ago.

My SSRs are good and did not take that much to balance
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2010, 03:17:30 PM »

I have the Bias ply IROKS in a 36" and my dad runs 33" Truxus MTs. I'm on my second set and am very happy with them but we don't DD our Jeeps and being bias ply tires I expect them to be diffuclt to balance. I use steel BBs.

I did try a set of radial IROKs and WAS very disappointed. Sidewalls were extremly weak and I cut two sidewalls on my second run out with them. I doubt that I'll ever run a radial Interco tire again. My bias ply Iroks have taken a beating and have never had a flat, that includes trips to Moab playing on the rocks.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline CB3

• Stocker
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 02:34:40 AM »
I'm personally running BFG right now, but I want to switch to Trxus MT.

Two friends of mine run Trxus MT on their daily drivers. One is a Rubi TJ, the other a diesel Suburban. One of them uses them for rockcrawling and has never had a problem with sidewalls. He says they're the best he's ever owned for rocks and mud, ice and snow, and are quiet on road for an MT.

I've heard the balancing complaints about Trxus when reading on Internet, but I've also read many Internet sources who say they balance fine. My two local friends who run them have no balancing problems. At least no more than I've had with my Coopers ST and now BFG.

One thing to consider, a narrower tire is a lot lighter than a wide tire, which means narrower sizes would be easier to balance.

The US Military is now buying Trxus MT for their Hummers as fast as Interco can make them. Why would they do that?

I think they're a good tire and I'd like to have some 33 X 10.8 or 11.2 R15 or 34 X 10.8 or 11.2 R15 for my LJ Rubicon.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:01:56 AM by CB3 »

Offline CB3

• Stocker
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 02:41:28 AM »
While I do like the traction of these tires, the weight hurts in many ways (un-sprung weight -> suspension -> handling etc.).

With regard to the above, I've compared BFG KM2 weight to Trxus MT, and others. Those are the two lightest weight MT I've seen. Compare the weights of same sizes and load ratings. The KM2 and Trxus MT are very similar weight to each other, and much lighter than most other brands.

Then consider that a Trxus MT runs about 1" taller in flotation/inch sizes than a BFG. I mean IRL sizes, not their company website stats. I have BFG and two friends have Trxus MT. Their 33 Trxus MT are a full inch taller than my BFG 33.

Considering that, the Trxus MT is light weight per size and load rating, IMO.

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 09:27:12 AM »
I don't think you'll find a lot of love here for Interco. You're arguing with people who have actually tried them personally and gotten burned vs your the internet experience you've read and 2nd hand experience from your friends.

No way I'll run a radial Interco after my experience with them and while I love the Bias Plys I have they are WAY too heavy for DD.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline JohnB

• Budget Lift
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2010, 10:47:42 PM »
I've used them for years as have friends.  None of us has has any balancing issues or failures.  Side by side traction comparisons with other tires is as good as any dual purpose tire from my personal experience.

This is what I love about this club.  If you do not conform, you are ripped to shreds.  Very friendly...

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2010, 11:27:41 PM »
I would never get anything from swamper or toyos cause thats what everybody has .  :o   ;D

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2010, 02:33:06 PM »

This is what I love about this club.  If you do not conform, you are ripped to shreds.  Very friendly...

Oh christ, save the snivling for your group therapy sessions.

God forbid anyone tell the truth about a product on this board............

My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]