Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Trxus MT. Please vote for tall skinny and/or tall medium sizes you want.  (Read 9882 times)

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
Re: Trxus MT. Please vote for tall skinny and/or tall medium sizes you want.
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2010, 02:48:15 PM »
I'm personally running BFG right now, but I want to switch to Trxus MT.

Two friends of mine run Trxus MT on their daily drivers. One is a Rubi TJ, the other a diesel Suburban. One of them uses them for rockcrawling and has never had a problem with sidewalls. They're good on rocks and mud, and quiet on road for an MT.

I've heard the balancing complaints about Trxus when reading on Internet, but I've also read many Internet sources who say they balance fine. My two local friends who run them have no balancing problems. At least no more than I've had with my Coopers ST and now BFG.

One thing to consider, a narrower tire is a lot lighter than a wide tire, which means narrower sizes would be easier to balance.

The US Military is now buying Trxus MT for their Hummers as fast as Interco can make them. Why would they do that?

I think they're a good tire and I'd like to have some 33 X 10.8 R15 or 34 X 10.8 R15 for my LJ Rubicon.

Honestly CB, you have just listed 3 of the worst MT tires in offroad history. The BFG is by far one of the all time shittiest offroad tires every built. Its winter traction without siping is up there with a TSL. Basically comparible to a hockey puck. Their side walls prone to gashing and in anything taller then a 33 they flex so much that they actually increase the probability of death wobble when installed on a worn or compromised front end.

The SST is made up of a terrible compound that wears exceptionally fast but still wont stick to anything. They are cheap for a reason.

If your application is pretty mild, then you might be well served by some of these poor performing tires, but seriously, there is better out there then the tires you are talking about in this thread.

The problem with threads like this is all you get 90% of the time is "run what I do, its awesome cause I run it". If you do luck out to get a non biased opinion, all the self promoters usually get butthurt and start crying foul as soon as anything negative is said about the stuff they run.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline CB3

• Stocker
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 01:03:34 AM »
I don't think you'll find a lot of love here for Interco. You're arguing with people who have actually tried them personally and gotten burned vs your the internet experience you've read and 2nd hand experience from your friends.

No way I'll run a radial Interco after my experience with them and while I love the Bias Plys I have they are WAY too heavy for DD.

My local friends have each bought their second sets of Trxus MT, they like them so much. That's a pretty good recommendation to me. They've tried all the Cooper, BFG, Toyo, Dean, Mickey Thompson, and Cepek stuff and they prefer Trxus MT. I've personally tried a good variety of Cooper and BFG stuff myself. I want to try Trxus MT next, but I want them in a size I want.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:05:59 AM by CB3 »

Offline CB3

• Stocker
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 01:09:39 AM »
Honestly CB, you have just listed 3 of the worst MT tires in offroad history. The BFG is by far one of the all time shittiest offroad tires every built. Its winter traction without siping is up there with a TSL. Basically comparible to a hockey puck. Their side walls prone to gashing and in anything taller then a 33 they flex so much that they actually increase the probability of death wobble when installed on a worn or compromised front end.

The SST is made up of a terrible compound that wears exceptionally fast but still wont stick to anything. They are cheap for a reason.

If your application is pretty mild, then you might be well served by some of these poor performing tires, but seriously, there is better out there then the tires you are talking about in this thread.

The problem with threads like this is all you get 90% of the time is "run what I do, its awesome cause I run it". If you do luck out to get a non biased opinion, all the self promoters usually get butthurt and start crying foul as soon as anything negative is said about the stuff they run.

I said Cooper ST, which is different from STT, but I see your point.

Here is the thing, the poll will be on topic whether the posts are or not. Although the posts in the thread might be off topic, I'm not worried about it because the poll is on topic. That's why I made a poll. A poll will always be on topic. I can choose whether to submit to Interco both the poll and posts, or just the poll.

As for the posts in the thread, whether they are directly on topic or not, they do contain useful information. So I am happy to read them. Thanks guys.

Also, I think people at this forum have been very nice to me, whether they agree with me or not. I say that relative to some USA forums where I get flamed about snow or ice topics by guys in Texas or Arizona who don't know **** about those topics, but think they know all. I don't tell them about cactus or sand.

One thing about this forum, I do think you guys know your terrains, climates, and tires, which are similar to mine. So I respect your opinions, whether you agree with me or not. I am learning many good things here.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:13:35 AM by CB3 »

Offline CB3

• Stocker
Duplicate post. Oops
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 01:12:51 AM »
how do I delete this post?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:17:19 AM by CB3 »

Offline WagoneerXJ

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Bagon Wagon!
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 10:15:56 AM »
The only Interco tire I've ever run was a set of 34x10.50x15 BIAS PLY LTB's. Now those were fun. Noisy as hell on the street, and had flat spots in the morning, but offroad look the hell out! Went anywhere I pointed them. Never had any sidewall issues. They balanced ok, but I didn't care. I'm currently looking for another set :)
98 XJ Sport 2 Dr, 3", 33's and Bushwacker Flat Flares
87 XJ Wagoneer 5", Dana 44, 34" Swamper TSL's
97 TJ 5.2 Magnum V8 swap, 4" and 33" MTZ's- GF's Jeep
84 Mustang GT-Built 351W 5spd
97 XJ - 3.5", 31" BFG. 370,000 KMS and counting!

Offline Tinkerer

• UberWheeler
    • My (OLD OLD OLD) website
Re: Duplicate post. Oops
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2010, 10:43:06 AM »
how do I delete this post?

Unfortunately, you can only delete your posts,  not the entire thread. Only a sysop can delete the entire thread.
2004 TJ Rubicon 2.5" Cage Puck Lift
LT285/75R15 Trxus MT's
ARB Bullbar and Warn XD9000i winch
Garvin Wilderness Swingaway Rack
Cobra 75WXST CB, Yaesu FT8900 Ham
VE6PDB - usually on VE6RYC

Offline CB3

• Stocker
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 12:09:02 AM »
I've used them for years as have friends.  None of us has has any balancing issues or failures.  Side by side traction comparisons with other tires is as good as any dual purpose tire from my personal experience.

This is what I love about this club.  If you do not conform, you are ripped to shreds.  Very friendly...

I appreciate your input on the tires.

I like this club. IMO the guys here have been nice to me. They stated their opinions without making any personal attacks on me.

As forums go, this one is friendly and decent compared to some USA forums I've been to. It's pitiful when I'm at a USA forum and some idiot in Texas or Arizona desert acts like they know more about snow, ice, and mud than I do, and flames me about those things. I don't lecture those guys in Arizona or Texas about cactus or very hot temps, or things I know little about, buy they have the nerve to act like they know more than me about mud, snow, and ice. Also, the profanity and vulgarity at some USA forums is beyond filth.

The guys at this forum are knowledgeable about snow and ice,  and do know what they are talking about. I respect you all. No one at this forum has ever flamed me.

I think you've all been honest about your opinions, informative, and respectful to me personally, even if not to Interco. I have no complaints. I like this forum and I like the people here. I know you know about the climates and terrains I'm interested in.

I appreciate you guys and I respect you.

I think some of the constructive comments about Trxus MT tires will help Interco, if they make use of the info. For example, someone said the Trxus tires would be lighter and easier to balance, if the words "Trxus...." weren't so large and raised. That is a very good suggestion. That's constructive criticism that will help Interco, if they use the information. I also think that my idea of narrow and medium width tires will make the tires a lot lighter weight, and easier to balance.

So I think this thread is very educational for me, and possibly for Interco too. For those who want Trxus MT in new sizes, that might still happen too.

So it's all good. I'm happy.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:37:19 AM by CB3 »

Offline CB3

• Stocker
Re: Duplicate post. Oops
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 12:15:55 AM »
Unfortunately, you can only delete your posts,  not the entire thread. Only a sysop can delete the entire thread.

I didn't want to delete the thread. I only wanted to delete a duplicate post I accidentally made.

Thanks to your post, now I know I can delete a post I made. So I'll just have to learn the interface of this forum better.

Thanks for the info
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:21:17 AM by CB3 »

Offline CB3

• Stocker
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 12:44:20 AM »
Here are a few more sizes that I forgot to include in the poll:

33 X 11.2 R15C I like this one for my armored LJ Rubi.

34 X 11.2 R15C I like this one for my armored LJ Rubi.

33 X 11.2 R16D
33 X 11.2 R16E

34 X 11.2 R16D
34 X 11.2 R16E

35 X 11.2 R16D
35 X 11.2 R16E

Anyone want one of those sizes?