Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: What products are Jeep guys into?  (Read 22290 times)

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
Re: What products are Jeep guys into?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2010, 11:32:15 PM »
I'm with waytec on the m101. That's a great idea!

Wow..............I just finished surfing the web finding out all about M101's.................that is an awesome idea.

Christ just how many ways are there to spend money on this fine obsession  :o
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 01:53:08 AM »
Christ just how many ways are there to spend money on this fine obsession  :o

More then you can imagine Mr Fox.

Just try to take your time and reduce the amount of trial and error you go through upgrading the same stuff repeatedly ;)
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 09:57:33 AM »

Just try to take your time and reduce the amount of trial and error you go through upgrading the same stuff repeatedly ;)

Absolutely agree there.

I have my near term fully planned.  Flat fenders, 35's, bumper, winch.  After that I plan on spending some time getting to know my rig better and how it performs on the trail and what I want out of it.  I only wheeled my 07 Rubicon 1/2 a dozen times and it was stock other than the bumper and winch and performed pretty damn good from my perspective.

Tons to learn and seems there are a few years of experience here at CJA.
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 10:21:22 AM »
+1 on the M101!
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline EVOLUTION

• UberWheeler
    • EMF Rod Ends Website
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 05:20:32 PM »
I have one for you if you have a plasma table and a brake. building a DIY M101 Trailer. You cut and bend the 4 sides and bottom and it is our responsibility to build the frame, get an axe and have the inspection done.
That is a cool idea & I do have a CNC plasma table so this could be something I designed in the computer if I can come up with some measurements.  I like the ones that have the pop-up tents on them....

And there are 1000000's of ways to spend money on fabricating.  That's why we're poor.  :)
Evolution Machining & Fabrication  403.935.3540
Evo Forums:  http://www.evolutionmachining.com
Evo Joints website:  http://www.emfrodends.com
Facebook Page:  http://www.facebook.com/EMFRodEnds

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2010, 09:24:27 PM »

I might have goofed here but I know some guys on here will know more about this then I do.
Canada called it the C101 ? in the US they called it a M116 this is a picture of it. A couple guys on here have them.

Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2010, 10:01:35 PM »
I might have goofed here but I know some guys on here will know more about this then I do.
Canada called it the C101 ? in the US they called it a M116 this is a picture of it. A couple guys on here have them.

I don't think you goofed, when I did a search on the m101 it came up with exactly what you showed.  Further searching revealed a couple of companies that make a similar type rig but if I recall correctly the pricing was a little insane ($4,000) for base model before any options added in. 
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 10:33:58 PM »
I think a homegrown ZJ bumper and rear bumper would be an awesome option to have since there are so few options.

Offline rocnrol

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2010, 10:40:52 PM »
diy stuff clay. cruse the internet and look at whats out there. problem is, there is no canadian manufacturer/suplyer. i was fumed i had to buy my d44 hy-steer arm from the states, i couldnt believe you didnt have one clay. even though i have changed my plans for the commando, when i was serious about doing the links, again, there is nothing up here, for brackets, tabs, kits. i will still need all kinds of tabs or brackets on my build clay.

Offline Rich99

• Budget Lift
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2010, 10:49:49 PM »

I'll take one of these

or these:

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:44:32 AM by Rich99 »
Rich.

Offline EVOLUTION

• UberWheeler
    • EMF Rod Ends Website
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2010, 10:35:57 AM »
diy stuff clay. cruse the internet and look at whats out there. problem is, there is no canadian manufacturer/suplyer. i was fumed i had to buy my d44 hy-steer arm from the states, i couldnt believe you didnt have one clay. even though i have changed my plans for the commando, when i was serious about doing the links, again, there is nothing up here, for brackets, tabs, kits. i will still need all kinds of tabs or brackets on my build clay.
When did you call about the D44 arm?  Clay does make them & has for some time now.  He also makes a dana 60 arm.  He doesn't usually have them in stock & makes them as he needs them... but sometimes there are some sitting on the shelf.  They aren't as whizzy looking as some of the others out there, but they work.  As for brackets/tabs etc... I have a CNC plasma and can cut them for you no problem, as long as you have some dimensions for me.

Offline EVOLUTION

• UberWheeler
    • EMF Rod Ends Website
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2010, 10:36:35 AM »

I'll take one of these

or these:

Me too!   :D

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2010, 11:59:41 AM »
When did you call about the D44 arm?  Clay does make them & has for some time now.  He also makes a dana 60 arm.  He doesn't usually have them in stock & makes them as he needs them... but sometimes there are some sitting on the shelf.  They aren't as whizzy looking as some of the others out there, but they work.  As for brackets/tabs etc... I have a CNC plasma and can cut them for you no problem, as long as you have some dimensions for me.

Ya thats what I was told when I needed my D44 arms as well. "makes them as needed"      Why not make a bunch and keep them in stock?  I called off and on for 2 months when I was building my D44 to see if he'd made any then gave up and ordered some off the net.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline rocnrol

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2010, 05:13:24 PM »
it would have been around '08 when i was looking for that arm. evo didnt have one, and the impresion i got was they wernt making them either.

i am a huge fan and supporter of evo and what clay does, so please take what i say as constructive and purley my opinion.

hoestly, i have no idea what evo's bussineus plan is. i visit the web site all the time and all i see are people looking for thier order. i see projects that are way behind. i then see a post asking what products jeep people are into.

so here is what i do know. evo is small, and kinda starting over at your new place. evo is short staffed, we all get that. clay is a great guy, who makes for an even better face for the company, and is a guy who took a look around and seen a lacking in some quality products for a small segment of a huge sport. so when i see a post such as this one, to me your looking for a way to make some money. find out what people want and make it. well............. what i want is to be able to buy pretty much is the standard builder crap that is allready out there. i dont want to take the time to dezign a basic bracket or tab, give you the dimensions, and then wait to have it built. i am sick of the fact its all done in the us. i found one canadian site, tmr customs, that sells what i am looking for , but all thier stuff is, for the most part, american. i even sent them an email and asked them why they sell a johnny joint, when there is a canadian joint that will blow it away. thier answer is because that is what people are asking for.

i have built enough of my own tabs and brackets to know what a huge time consumer it is. time i could be using for just building. plus it will look way better too.
i know evo is proud of the custom work it can do and has done, as it should be. it something that should be promoted. but if you have a plazma table now, man i really think you should be lookin at producing the mindless crap that is allready out there and have it on a shelf ready to go. something where i can plunk stuff into a cart, give you my credit card number, and be crazy happy when my builder products show up in the mail and i go weld my face off.

just thrown my two cents in erin. and by no means am i being negative towards what evo does or the quality, or your inovation. i feel this is you strong points. its great that you guys can do an amazing custom jeep cage. but not every one can drive in to your shop and plunk down down 2g and leave thier rig there for a month.   to be honest, i had no idea evo had a jeep bolt in kit, and i am allway on the site. even now its kinda tough to see what you have and how much. is thier plans to have an online store?

just tryin to keep it real and i want to see this company thrive and prosper. 8)

Offline rocnrol

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2010, 05:32:25 PM »
prime example of what i am talking about  :) ;)

http://forum.calgaryjeep.com/index.php?topic=20672.0