Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: comanche stolen again !  (Read 9242 times)

Offline Gearhead

• Talks waaay too much!
comanche stolen again !
« on: December 29, 2010, 04:10:43 AM »
 >:(   once again , it's been driven away by thugs  .

3:00 am  december 29   2010

Recovered by Calgary police     @    3: 15  am       ,    gotta be a record  ?

Dig this  ,       I'm asleep   ( light sleeper )  , I hear the ummistakable sound of the comanche start up and drive away , call 911 imediately , had a nice chat with one of the dispatchers , while we are discussing the vehicle particulars n' such  , the cops spot the  douchebag driving along ,  he gets pulled over n'  busted   ( in the south east   Dover area )    :) good job  calgary police service !!!

Here's service for you , the officers had a car come by the house , pick me up and take me to where the truck was recovered , saving me towing and storage charges .  They had the scumsucking sonovabitch who stole the truck ,  in the back of a police vehicle when I arrived there , the interior light just happened to be on , yes I actually got to see the thief this time , all his crack parafenalia was spread out on the hood of the police vehicle ,  the douchetard ? ,   he be in jail now  .

happy ending      ,   I even have most of the tank of fuel that I just bought the day before .

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: comanche stolen again !
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 05:49:54 AM »
Let's see, it is now 5:48 am, he has probably been released and is searching for another vehicle to steal...

Glad to hear he got caught and you got your truck back.

Vince
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline superles

• UberWheeler
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 08:02:15 AM »
I would say that the police did a great service for you. The only thing that could have been better is if they would have brought the criminal back so you could have beat him on your front step. The criminal will prob get released and be back on the street causing more crap as previously stated. I bet this really annoys the police as well when they are that successful that quick.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 08:06:20 AM »
Jeff,
Why don't you put a switch on your fuel pump? That way the starter will wake you up, you will know the vehicle won't be driving anywhere, which gives you time to find your baseball bat instead of your tiny little hammer?  :D
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline Gearhead

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 09:50:57 AM »
Jeff,
Why don't you put a switch on your fuel pump? That way the starter will wake you up, you will know the vehicle won't be driving anywhere, which gives you time to find your baseball bat instead of your tiny little hammer?  :D

What I'm gonna do , is ,  pull the coil wire , that's what i was doing for a while , then got lazy and stopped , it works good .  Another trick is to put the Tcase in nuetral , thieves being both stupid AND lazy are too dumb to figure it out.

This truck can't be locked , thugs have screwed up both door locks  and the lock cylinder on the steering column , why would I fix any of that ? , my gut feeling is ,  the repairs would need to be done again and again .

There were footprints in the fresh snow , showing that this dickhead checked every car on my street , when the cops had him , they had a bunch of " evidence " spread all over the hood of thier police unit , including a variety of items ,  that had been obviously ,  jacked out of other cars.

Work this guy over  ?  , or any other thief ?   I'd like that  ALOT  ,  is it gonna happen ?  , I doubt it  ,   the police last night wern't about to release thier freshly caught fish , cops nowadays are not real thrilled about how our justice system works yet  are trained to respect the rights of criminals .  The opportunity to lump this scumbag up was not available to me , I did ask though , why not ,  ya they laughed , an offer of coffee and donuts wouldn't have helped either these guys are pros .

The truck is un harmed , stinks like cigarrettes , but I have it back  and i'm happy , only lost a few hours sleep and the calgary police service has earned back some respect from me.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:43:03 PM by Gearhead »

Offline mike s

• UberWheeler
  • Good times!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 09:59:17 PM »
Switch is a good idea, it could be wired to disable the fuel pump relay, but activate the horn and high beam relay when engine cranked.

Had a family friend who chose the law enforcement profession, when they caught somebody who were known to them, but couldn't be held, they'd take em out for a drive locked in the back of a paddy wagon which would be filled with the best of the regulars, homeless ranting drunk guy, nasty tranny protsitutes. After an afternoon of sitting in the hot sun, getting broiled with the weirdos, covered in puke and body fluids, trouble makers learned to move on. Worked really well on young teens thinking a life of crime was for them. Lmao.
'94 YJ, 2.5" RE, 1"BL on 35"s, 8.8 w 4.88
oldEnuff2NObetter

but still can't help myself

Offline superles

• UberWheeler
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 09:12:09 AM »
Suggestion for all:
I have protected several friends vehicle from theft. They tried to steal an XJ twice and failed. Added a relay into cuircuit between keyed switch on column and solenoid at starter. Relay was energized by a momentary on swtch either hidden or tie into rear defrost switch etc. Does not matter, just cut the wire between and add relay that needs to be energized.  I do not recommend fuel pump cut out switch as if it fails on the street you are down.

Offline Justink

• Budget Lift
  • '89 comanche 5'' lift, 33's
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »
I put one end of my ballast resistor on a switch.  Even if it does fail on the street I can unplug the switch and just plugh the ballast back in like normal.
'89 Comanche 5'' 33's, dana 44 playtoy
'91 cherokee 4.5'' 31's DD
'88 Nissan 300zx just for fun
If it seems like a good idea at the time it probably isn't!

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 06:17:18 PM »
Ok, I think I've got a couple of deterrents you could try (and I know you're smart enough to built them).

1) Install an alarm with a 10 or 15 second time delay but instead of the typical under hood horn, install a big rig air horn INSIDE the cab, almost gauranteed to deter future attempts.

2) Incase he is dumb enough to come back try this:
1st, make sure you park the truck in such a fasshion that he has to back out.
2, Securely fasten a 3/8 diameter steel cable to an imovable object about 5 feet directly in front of your truck.
3, Run the cable under the truck and up through a hole in the floorboard about where the brake pedal is and conceal it under the floormat.
4, Securely fasten it to a reinforced seat back.
5, After the theft attempt, calmly walk to the end of the driveway chat with the thief, (no rush on this step, he ain't going anywhere).

Vince
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 12:25:40 PM by Vinman »
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline Gearhead

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 09:09:51 AM »
some great suggestions fellas , keep em coming

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 02:49:38 PM »
Suggestion for all:
I have protected several friends vehicle from theft. They tried to steal an XJ twice and failed. Added a relay into cuircuit between keyed switch on column and solenoid at starter. Relay was energized by a momentary on swtch either hidden or tie into rear defrost switch etc. Does not matter, just cut the wire between and add relay that needs to be energized.  I do not recommend fuel pump cut out switch as if it fails on the street you are down.

this was done in the XJ i got off Les and it worked really well
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 04:10:17 PM »
Bring it by sometime, I can hid a switch to keep it at home :)
www.racingforthecure.ca

Definition of Link to this definition of Blasphemy
1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 10:56:29 AM »
Even better is put put a label on the driver's window somethign to the effect of "This vehicle has a hidden starter swtich which you will NEVER find".

That alone would probably discourage 90% of the theives.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline Knox

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 07:26:30 AM »
1) Install an alarm with a 10 or 15 second time delay but instead of the typical under hood horn, install a big rig air horn INSIDE the cab, almost guaranteed to deter future attempts.

oh... but if you ever were to forget that was there, some morning going to work half asleep... damn that would wake you up.
2003 TJ
"Your TJ has the aerodynamics of a brick"
"if you lose the stick, chances are you'll lose the jeep......"

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 08:41:42 AM »
they you would have to stop, drive back home and put on a new pair of undies
97 Red XJ, 4.5", 31" mud's, ARB front, 9500lb winch, bushwhacker's, warn sliders, HnT SYE and CV drive shaft - written off and sold for parts :(