Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Stitches?  (Read 8972 times)

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
Stitches?
« on: January 01, 2011, 10:49:20 PM »
Got stitches ?
www.racingforthecure.ca

Definition of Link to this definition of Blasphemy
1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline Pookapotamus

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Stitches?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 10:50:02 PM »
are we to take it that you had to get stiches today??

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 11:24:53 PM »
I've had one.  ;D Pretty sad eh? I'm even a HD mechanic. However I've had lots of injuries that SHOULD have had stitches but never bothered(actually I REALLY hate needles).

Then about 2 months ago I stabbed myself in the hand with a screwdriver, real deep. Normally I won't have bothered but I hit the nerve and everything went numb and it was on the job so the boss sent me to the Dr. She recommended stitching it since it was in the crease of my palm and would be prone to ripping back open every time I flexed my hand. Since I was there anyway I sucked it up and let her stab me with a needle. I got one stitch.  :P

I tell you though I won't hesitate to get stitches again if I think I need it. That wound healed up 10X faster than any other cut I've had.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline yyc_tbird_sc

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 11:36:10 PM »
I'm in the same boat as Clay...never gotten them, but the odd time that I figured I probably should have. I split my index finger open from on top of the nail to the side of the second joint using a new razor knife...called the emergency room and asked how long of a wait they were expecting. After needing to explain to the nurse exactly what I had done, she said I should come in, but it was going to be almost 3-4 hours. Pfftt...nothing some isopropyl alcholol couldn't clean up, and some paper towels and electrical tape could stop the bleeding on.

The other time was when I was at the airport...stood up too soon from under the wing of a 737 and smashed my head into one of the flaps that had relaxed and dropped down...you get a funny look from guests on the plane while walking it away from the terminal with blood pouring down your face.... :o Washed it off using the emergency shower, and just kept some good pressure on it until it stopped bleeding, a good 15-20 minutes (gotta love head wounds).

Come on Jenssen...there has to be a story behind you asking this... ;)
-'97 Ranger w/ 4" lift, 33" MTZ's, 4.56's, and some new sheet metal
-'89 Thunderbird SC - 285HP, 392ft/lbs [email protected]

Offline 03Jeeper

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 11:45:14 PM »
I've had my few stitches.

First time, when I was in the 3rd grade, I was getting ready for bed, opened the mirror cabinet, left it open, washed my face and forgot I left it opened, came up and smashed my head on the corner of the mirror, shattering it. Had a pretty good gash in my head. Got a few stitches there.

The second time was for surgery, got my appendix removed, obviously I got stitched up.

Those were the only times. Hopefully never again.

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 11:46:32 PM »
I had around 20 in the bottom of my foot. I stepped on a open canned ham tin. Then I had over 50 in my arm, Cut that one to the bone on a tree branch and had to have surgery to remove the broken off branch piece in my arm. I have had some good ones on my hands but they glue them because of my trade and I only am on light duties for one of two shifts. Mandatory gloves are coming at our shop very shortly because of all the small cut incidents we have.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 11:58:41 PM »
The last time I got stitches I swore I would never go back for small cut stitches.  Dr. did a terrible job, I'm doing my own stitches next time.
I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 12:01:02 AM »
had this done twice... one long stitch though

so two + 4 from a fight once = 6
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline Unknown303

• Budget Lift
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 12:41:27 AM »
At one time I had 50+ stitches in my cheek, and It's kind of shaped like a hand written Z which works since my name starts with one.  Other then that I've had quite a few in a couple other places.

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 01:21:42 AM »
24 for me.

10 in the side of my head from splitting it open on a corner when I was spinning around, 14 more near the first batch from the same thing.

I dont learn too fast.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 01:29:23 AM »
Double hernia... 12 on each side (6 inside, 6 outside). No, Noel, I do not have pictures of it.
Then, of course the stitches from my wisdom teeth.
I like crazy glue, or electrical tape now.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 06:34:51 AM »
I've had one cut that definitely should have had stitches (sliced the web of my left palm open) but didn't.

I'm with Trevor on the crazy glue/electrical tape. When I was blasting, I would spend weeks at a time with electrical tape wrapping parts of my fingers.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 12:49:27 PM »
i was watching the Canada Russia series in 72. i was peddling the stationary bike with my hand. Hand slipped, middle finger went for a ride around the big sprocket. 2/3's of my finger was cut off. That was MANY stitches.

Was in a bar bathroom when a guy tapped me on the back. i turned and he sucker punched me. His ring cut me open pretty good under the left eye. That took 8 stitches.

Was water skiing and fell. i held onto the rope as i was under water. When i resurfaced, the ski was planing across the lake where my face stopped it. Under my right eye took 8 deep and 14 surface.

sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 01:03:58 PM »
I'm not very impressed with glue. My daughter wacked her eye socket on the car door when she was 4yrs old. Dr used glue to close it and she has a nasty scar there now. I wish they would have stitched it.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 02:21:54 PM »
I'm not very impressed with glue. My daughter wacked her eye socket on the car door when she was 4yrs old. Dr used glue to close it and she has a nasty scar there now. I wish they would have stitched it.

I don't know how old she is now but pending age government and some insurance companies will pay to that surgically repaired because it's on her face. Something to look into.
I was told by my doctor that they would repair the scar on my arm became it was visible with some t-shirts on.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 10:13:54 PM by Waytec »
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.