Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Lemonaid ZJ build up  (Read 20286 times)

Offline cablesmurf

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Relapsed Jeep Addict
Re: Lemonaid ZJ build up
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2013, 08:29:31 AM »
There's really no right answer to that I think it comes down to the dealer you deal with.

In my personal experience, dealerships will do anything to avoid honoring a waranty. Not just Jeeps...Kia, GM. They have their little tricks to f@#k you over. Here's a perfect example: We bought a 2008 Kia Sedona with all the bells and whistles. We bought it because of 2 reasons. 0% financing and the 5 year/100k bumper to bumper waranty.
2.5 years and 50k later the A/C stopped working. They recharged it (at a cost to us) and it still didn't work. we took it back for waranty and they said that if it was defective, they would cover it under the waranty, but the test (pressure test) to see if it was defective was not covered and that would cost us $700 weather it was defective or not.

BTW, I would never buy a Kia again based on the problems and poor service we had with this van.
Hi, my name is Dan and I'm a Jeepaholic

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013, 09:50:36 AM »
In my personal experience, dealerships will do anything to avoid honoring a waranty. Not just Jeeps...Kia, GM. They have their little tricks to f@#k you over. Here's a perfect example: We bought a 2008 Kia Sedona with all the bells and whistles. We bought it because of 2 reasons. 0% financing and the 5 year/100k bumper to bumper waranty.
2.5 years and 50k later the A/C stopped working. They recharged it (at a cost to us) and it still didn't work. we took it back for waranty and they said that if it was defective, they would cover it under the waranty, but the test (pressure test) to see if it was defective was not covered and that would cost us $700 weather it was defective or not.

BTW, I would never buy a Kia again based on the problems and poor service we had with this van.

Well you said it yourself...you bought a Kia....I have heard many complaints about bargain brand warranties..... they gotta make their money somewhere... if not on one end its on the other.  Even Chrysler will cover diagnostics if it is in-fact a warranty issue ....GM, Ford and A lot of Japanese brands have whats called comprehensive warranty for 3 years or 60k which means absolutely everything is covered. After that it is the same story for drive components on the power train
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:29:40 AM by Jrama »

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2013, 08:06:39 PM »
Not wanting to cover things under warranty is common to ever dealer that I've ever dealt with. I had the service manager of a dealership tell me "Well they're all like that, it's just how they are, there's nothing I can do" when I pointed out to him that the parking brake on my two-month-old vehicle wouldn't keep it from rolling across the floor of his service department.

I have very little respect for dealerships, and less for their service departments. That doesn't mean that there aren't any good people working in those service departments...but I definitely know of a number of stand-up guys that no longer work at dealerships - at least on of their departures was at least partially based on not liking how their bosses treated the customers.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline vantagetes

• That CB Yapper
  • Edmonton Trail Rated
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2013, 12:53:07 AM »
Not wanting to cover things under warranty is common to ever dealer that I've ever dealt with. I had the service manager of a dealership tell me "Well they're all like that, it's just how they are, there's nothing I can do" when I pointed out to him that the parking brake on my two-month-old vehicle wouldn't keep it from rolling across the floor of his service department.

I have very little respect for dealerships, and less for their service departments. That doesn't mean that there aren't any good people working in those service departments...but I definitely know of a number of stand-up guys that no longer work at dealerships - at least on of their departures was at least partially based on not liking how their bosses treated the customers.

This.

Offline 89cherokee

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2013, 04:56:57 PM »
sorry to bring this back up but who makes that snorkel and how much?

Offline LEMON-AID JAY

• That CB Yapper
  • Bad a$$ zj owner
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2013, 05:04:42 PM »
You can get one at e-mortal for 200 or 250
E-mortal customs
Www.e-mortalcustoms.com
3-2808 Ogden road s.e.
E-mail. [email protected]
Phone 403-265-6669
E-mail @ [email protected]