Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: What did you do to your Rig Today  (Read 12230 times)

Offline rangerdanger

• Budget Lift
Re: What did you do to your Rig Today
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 04:18:55 PM »
Wrong section for this question, try google first you will get a whole bunch of answers to your question. Your XJ doesn't have a frame so you can't install a body lift.
Lethbridge Coulee Kruzer

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »
Changed the rear diff oil in my 93.

found this

Said some four letter poetry

Not sure if the bolt holding the pin sheared or the pin broke out.

Then swapped the whole diff out with a spare that I had.

shity .. ya if you can just swapp out the spider gears and pins it would be better then swapping the hole carrier and fighting wiht getting your pattern badck
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 07:03:40 PM »

shity .. ya if you can just swapp out the spider gears and pins it would be better then swapping the hole carrier and fighting wiht getting your pattern badck

Carrier has a oval hole in it now. So I swapped a whole diff so I didn't have to fight getting a decent pattern back. Gained rear disc brakes out of it as well. It was about four hours to do the complete swap by myself
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 07:15:08 PM »
Carrier has a oval hole in it now. So I swapped a whole diff so I didn't have to fight getting a decent pattern back. Gained rear disc brakes out of it as well. It was about four hours to do the complete swap by myself

oh sweet thats good new then ;
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline sylvrinvader

• That CB Yapper
  • the micro wheeler
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 08:39:01 PM »
if you mean hockey pucks i would have to say no. they'll get old, crack and break. there are better and safer ways to lift your rig and won't break the bank..
03 TJ, 33" BFG's,4:88 gears  BBoost, CB, custom front bumper,  insta/extenda trunks, rugged ridge roof rack w/basket

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2011, 07:29:05 AM »
I bought a little something to tow behind it  8)
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2011, 07:48:28 AM »
Something like this:

Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2011, 07:55:54 AM »
HOT DOGS!
04 TJ Rubi

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2011, 08:34:13 AM »
Something like this:

Now that would be a whole new aspect to the cheese slider.

The thing I need to know is does it have reverse lights  ;D
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »
What I actually bought to tow behind

2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 06:38:37 PM »
Is that the one from Winnipeg?

Nm...read the other post.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 07:09:54 PM by AstraX »

Offline THE GOLD DIIGGER

• UberWheeler
  • This is cool lets see you do this.
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2011, 07:16:32 PM »
Don't cheap out the last thing you want is something going wrong up on the trail.Spend the money do things right and less will go wrong.

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2011, 07:20:19 PM »
I've been lazy and have just had the cb sitting loose in my console so I decided to try and cut out the tray to fit the way I want it.  Not 100% yet, want to work on some of the edges to make it look a little cleaner and still trying to figure out how/where to put a mic extension to the outside of the console so I can keep the top closed even when the mic is connected.

I was also messing around with the external speaker, but the one I got won't fit in the padding around the sound bar so I am going to have to figure out another option for that.

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2011, 08:21:13 PM »
Fixed the sheared vaccum tube for the EVAP system..thats been causing a CEL for about 6 months. Somehow a rock or something found it apart from all the other tubes up by the gas tank and smashed right apart. Used a combination of JB weld and RTV to put the halves togther...yeah its a lame fix. only after this i  was able to install a new fan for the heater unit in the garage  :(

Washed the carpets and reinstalled them. They have been out since the beginning of last summer. Cleaned out the jeep interior exterior, there was just mud everywhere inside. I have since learned to roll up windows and when the soft top windows are out, avoid mud.

Bought a new fan setting knob for the heater ( it was stuck on windshield), only 6 bucks at the dealership. This is the same dealership who wanted 50 dollars for a washer for a cam bolt.

Orderd a spare tire relocation bracket from Northridge, as per usual best price, best selection.

All i can say is that the jeep is way better to live with, with the carpets and heater now working properly, quiter and warmer and I can finally use the rear hatch...its trulyamazing how simple and mostly free maintenance makes such a difference, lesson learned

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:24:20 PM by Jrama »

Offline WagoneerXJ

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Bagon Wagon!
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2011, 11:34:02 AM »
Finished the bushwacker install, almost done tearing out the rear springs, to rebuild the pack with S10 leafs. Damn chevy parts! ;D
98 XJ Sport 2 Dr, 3", 33's and Bushwacker Flat Flares
87 XJ Wagoneer 5", Dana 44, 34" Swamper TSL's
97 TJ 5.2 Magnum V8 swap, 4" and 33" MTZ's- GF's Jeep
84 Mustang GT-Built 351W 5spd
97 XJ - 3.5", 31" BFG. 370,000 KMS and counting!