Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Effects of Land uses in the Ghost FLUZ - Recent Study  (Read 8217 times)

Offline jeepjones

• Budget Lift
Re: Effects of Land uses in the Ghost FLUZ - Recent Study
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 11:04:27 AM »
I have a feeling the axe is going to come down hard and heavy at some point in the near future, whether we like it or not. Just as it has in the past, it's the "history repeating it's self again" theory.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 01:59:37 PM »
all this is going to do is make people travel to places that arnt so anal , and that means way less income on teh long weekends for the central alberta area

ill drive the 8 hours to go to BC so i dont get haseled  and most likely wont get snowed on either for may long

its a shame that we all have to loose out because of the few that dont care (mud bogging 454's on 44 inch tires )

and yes the so called study is a joke but if we dont give anything for SRD to read or to look at  they only have that useless slideshow to go off of
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 06:49:47 PM »
all this is going to do is make people travel to places that arnt so anal , and that means way less income on teh long weekends for the central alberta area

ill drive the 8 hours to go to BC so i dont get haseled  and most likely wont get snowed on either for may long

its a shame that we all have to loose out because of the few that dont care (mud bogging 454's on 44 inch tires )

and yes the so called study is a joke but if we dont give anything for SRD to read or to look at  they only have that useless slideshow to go off of
ummm...i just want to point out that size and engine have no basis for blame. It will always be the DRIVER. Also if you were not here for GAMP or Indian Graves closures, i can tell you it was blanket closure and the decision had nothing to do with hp and tire size. It was a stabbing in the back of the 4x4 and bike community.
Lets NOT point fingers when it comes to OHV's.
Thanks.
Gun, i like your idea. i think it should be documented.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:52:44 PM by Spinalguy »
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 07:38:51 PM »
i have only heard people opinions on why those other areas have closed .

i just know the media focusses on the larger trucks on the long weekends and it makes us all look bad

i know a  quad with some mean tires can make a mess of an area and a truck on huge tires might be a bit more gental  so it does come down to the driver / rider

so what can we do then to keep our little areas open
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »
so what can we do then to keep our little areas open

If these temperatures continue I'm sure he ll will freeze over long before we can stop the ball rolling over our trails. PC in government in Alberta will just continue to do what ever they darn well please.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 10:43:50 PM »

PC in government in Alberta

their days are numbered;  maybe its time to align witha party that would cater to our sport...............   

i tried to figure out which party that is, but none of them  have gotten back to me..........
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline jeepjones

• Budget Lift
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 06:48:24 AM »

their days are numbered;  maybe its time to align witha party that would cater to our sport...............   

i tried to figure out which party that is, but none of them  have gotten back to me..........
Even if they do get back to you.....can you honestly trust them to help out? Or will it just be more lies and false promises?

Offline Jeepless

• Budget Lift
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 08:00:04 PM »
I posted this in another thread but i think it should be here also.

I fully admit I know very little, or anything for that matter, on this subject. I would like to get involved but am unsure how a plain ol wheeler like myself can help. I use the trails of course and I use them with respect. If I can help please let me know.
I would like to ad this though. Maybe old Ted Morton would have a bit more of an open ear now that he is trying to get elected? There has to be many hundreds(thousands even) of outdoor users who vote. Politics are involved I'm sure in the decisions made about the trails. Maybe we, as wheelers, let old Teddy know how we feel via our vote. I know just in my family alone there are 15 votes. Add that to all the other wheelers and their families out there we should have a stong voice.

JEEPLESS
aka TANK
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:27:08 PM by Jeepless »