Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Dana 44 swap zj  (Read 8906 times)

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
Re: Dana 44 swap zj
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »
Raf, I bought my 14 bolt for $100, 9" currie housing for $160 detroit 35 spline for $200 set of axles for $300 and an aftermarket third for $200 and I'm pretty much done for $950 plus some new brakes.

Im confused Justin. What are using the 14b for? Just the hubs and then you use a custom hybrid 14b to 35 spline shaft?

Sounds like a good deal, but not many folks could nab them prices regulaly. Aside from making aquaintances with the local chop shops, I dont think you find to many 200$ 35 spline detroits laying around......lol

Sounds like a cool axle though.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline Possum

• Stocker
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 01:13:35 PM »
Who do you know wheeling locked 44 aluminums?

Seriously take that crap somewhere else.

:o

;D ;D ;D

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2011, 01:38:26 PM »
Do you people make up this web wheeler rhetoric just to see yourselves post? Are you going to take responsibility if someone actual fell for this bullshit and wasted money on your bad advice?

Jesus

And this is  serious.  It's signed by Jesus!
04 TJ Rubi

Offline rangerdanger

• Budget Lift
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2011, 01:45:29 PM »
So by the time you are done with buying brackets, getting them welded on correctly, regearing, and adapting the brakes (oh and figuring out how to disable the abs monster) wouldn't it just be easier to buy a super 35 kit and run whats in your jeep already?
http://www.sams4x4store.com/SuperiorDana35AxleKit.htm
Lethbridge Coulee Kruzer

Offline CatSplat

• Budget Lift
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2011, 01:58:28 PM »
Drink bleach web wheeler. No one cares about junk D44A's.

Not everything is about dollars and cents. Most of its common sense, and d44a's are not common sense.

Thats the problem with budget wheelers, they will nickle and dime themselves into failure then blame everyone but themselves.

Who do you know wheeling locked 44 aluminums?

Seriously take that crap somewhere else.

I would, and have  run competitions on a super 35 before even looking at a garbage 44a.

Do you people make up this web wheeler rhetoric just to see yourselves post? Are you going to take responsibility if someone actual fell for this bullshit and wasted money on your bad advice?

Jesus

Hahaha, Bill/Jesus is furiously pounding away at his keyboard again! The budget wheelers are taking over the Internets, and only one man can stop them! Look at him go!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:00:30 PM by CatSplat »
Jeep of Theseus

Offline Possum

• Stocker
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »
So by the time you are done with buying brackets, getting them welded on correctly, regearing, and adapting the brakes (oh and figuring out how to disable the abs monster) wouldn't it just be easier to buy a super 35 kit and run whats in your jeep already?
http://www.sams4x4store.com/SuperiorDana35AxleKit.htm

In hind sight I think I'd agree with you.  I wasn't 100% satisfied with how they converted the CA brackets onto the XJ housing, the cost was more than anticipated, and the ABS thing bugs me too.

In my case I had the XJ axle and master install kit sitting there from another project (when I had my XJ) so it made sense to use it.  Plus I liked the idea of a stronger housing over the 35.

The superior35 would be way less work and down time as well.

Offline Possum

• Stocker
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2011, 02:06:15 PM »
I guess you'd need to add a few beers for the gear change with the superior35 which gets up to the $$ I spent on the 44.

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »

Hahaha, Bill/Jesus is furiously pounding away at his keyboard again! The budget wheelers are taking over the Internets, and only one man can stop them! Look at him go!

I'll never stop guys like you. There's no fixing stupid.

The least I can do is warn the unaware they are being led down the wrong path via some of the webs finest wheelers.

Wether or not they drink the koolaide is up to them.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]