Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Bought a product, came with missing parts.  (Read 2364 times)

Offline 03Jeeper

• Budget Lift
Bought a product, came with missing parts.
« on: March 02, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »
I'm not going to name the company because it isn't really my place, but I'd like to hear your opinion on the subject.

I ordered a part for the jeep on Dec.31 from this Vendor, I added a few extra things to the product, checked out and it was sent my way. Two weeks later I got the product, I opened the package came with the main piece but was missing all the hardware. Three things to be exact.
I contacted the vendor about this and he said he would send out the parts immediately. This was mid January.

Two weeks went by, nothing in the mail. After I sent him several emails, I finally got a reply in the beginning of February. It wasn't him, but a co-worker. The main guy was out of town.
He apologized for the issues and said he would send out the missing parts that day. It will be three weeks this Friday that he supposedly "sent" me the parts.

Should it really take this long to get missing parts out? I honestly thought the customer service would be a lot more professional and actually communicate with the buyers. They're a well known company, and claim to be one of the best at what they do.

I'm really getting tired of this waiting crap and I'm thinking of phoning... Since the emails have failed.

Would it be best to wait this week out, give them the benefit of the doubt and phone next week?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:01:47 PM by 03Jeeper »

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Bought a product, came with missing parts.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 11:10:01 PM »
Go down in person (if possible), unless they are coming from the states and being fabbed for you they shouldn't take anywhere near that long.

What parts are missing and for what? If you can get them in town, buy them yourself and send the bill to the company.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:12:21 PM by WhiteOut »

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:12:18 PM »
or get a tracking # of the package that they "sent" you....
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 11:12:43 PM »
i would call them right away, you paid for it. its business not friendship get on their arse. from my experiance well know companies that been in the business for a while and claim they are the best at what they do, lack customer support, they probably started out with good support because they needed to get a customer base. now as years go by they get more popular and bigger and their customer service decreases. it happens to lots of companies. those missing parts should have been in the mail the next day like they mentioned, and if they didnt have it in stock they should have mentioned it. i hate when companies pull that crap

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 11:22:09 PM »
or get a tracking # of the package that they "sent" you....

Excellent advice right there.  If they "need to find it", tell them you'll wait until they do.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 11:47:42 PM »
bother them until u are satisfiied
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 02:15:53 AM »
that is longer than i usually take to file a dispute with my credit card or paypal.

don't use the phone, email is evidence you can send to credit card or paypal.
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 06:34:46 AM »
I would ask for the tracking number too. never know, maybe they mixed up the address, my insurance co did with my settlement check, sent it to 3600 when it should have been 3006, easy mistake, and I waited too lond to call so it still isn't here, but will likely be today.

depending on what company it is, and if you have ordered stuff from them before without issue, I would think that I would give them more of a chance than an unknown supplier. like with Stan at Northridge, never had an issue with him at all, he has bent over backwards to help me out, so if something happened to be missing, I would give it a bit of time and just stay in contact and get up dates.

but this does not really sound like that and has been a while, so I would say ask for the number and the address it was sent to.

my 2 cents.
good luck
steve
97 Red XJ, 4.5", 31" mud's, ARB front, 9500lb winch, bushwhacker's, warn sliders, HnT SYE and CV drive shaft - written off and sold for parts :(

Offline EVOLUTION

• UberWheeler
    • EMF Rod Ends Website
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 09:52:13 AM »
I'd ask for a tracking number as mentioned above.  Shipping companies are notorious for making mistakes and "losing" packages as well.  If you are ordering from the US, sometimes it gets stuck at customs.  It's a real PITA.  Also, this gives you the chance to see if they actually did send it out or not.

I sent a package to the US last year and they sent it to a completely different zipcode than what I had written on it.  The guy signed for it & everything (they obviously didn't check his ID).  Or the time I sent a package to Hawaii and it made it there in a week but they held it at the post office for 3 more weeks until I made a call in.
Evolution Machining & Fabrication  403.935.3540
Evo Forums:  http://www.evolutionmachining.com
Evo Joints website:  http://www.emfrodends.com
Facebook Page:  http://www.facebook.com/EMFRodEnds

Offline 03Jeeper

• Budget Lift
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 03:57:49 PM »
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

You won't believe what I found in the mail today... Yes, the hardware finally arrived. I had a feeling it would after I posted this.
Only took about 1.5 months. Hopefully the product makes up for it in the end. Still deciding if I want to order from them again in the future, who knows...
Probably not, considering I need to thread a hole that should of been threaded from them. Not hard at all to thread a hole, but for the money I paid I was honestly expecting what was advertised. A complete product.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:03:57 PM by 03Jeeper »

Offline 03Jeeper

• Budget Lift
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 04:03:03 PM »
double post.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:04:40 PM by 03Jeeper »